: Director of Student Health Services
College Health Leadership Opportunity at a Distinctive, Integrated Public Research University and Health Sciences Medical Center
Augusta University invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Student Health Services. In recruiting for the Director, the University seeks an experienced and strategic health care administer who will inspire staff and students with a strong vision, create opportunities for collaboration and innovation, and raise the profile of the Student Health Services throughout the University.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to outstanding, student-centered health care in higher education; direct experience in a multidisciplinary practice model; an understanding of the important relationships with medical centers and hospitals; and a record of being an innovative leader and effective manager in health care delivery. Candidates must have a collaborative and strategic spirit, with the disposition to partner and work closely with colleagues across all areas inthe Division of Student Affairsand external partnering units. The ability to work well with and support students in a complex university and the understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the Georgia health care marketplace will be central to these efforts.
The Director of Student Health Services is responsible for providing strategic leadership, vision, direction, effective management, supervision, and day-to-day administration and coordination of a multidisciplinary team of health care professionals and support staff. Student Health Services (SHS) is an outpatient medical facility on the Health Sciences campus that provides high quality basic health and preventive services — primary medical care, women's health, sports medicine, psychiatry, clinical laboratory services, immunizations, TB testing, and travel consults — to all Augusta University students.
Under the direction of and in partnership with the Assistant Vice President for Student Services, the Director collaborates closely with colleagues throughout the Division of Enrollment and Student Affairs, as well as with other campus and community stakeholders, to ensure the delivery of high quality and comprehensive health care to students in alignment with University and divisional goals, purposes, and priorities. The Director provides leadership for SHS personnel, finances and budget, and operations including: clinical services; student health insurance and related functions; maintaining an effective and high quality operation in accordance with university policies, applicable statutes, and government regulations; and is responsible for supervising (either directly or indirectly) and evaluating the performance of all clinical and administrative staff.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead, coordinate, and supervise a multidisciplinary team of approximately 15 health care professionals, support staff and administrative personnel.
• Administer all personnel functions in an efficient, effective, and fair manner, including the management of personnel recruitment/selection, hiring, retention efforts, and termination decisions, and oversee professional development activities for the SHS staff.
• Manage the financial operations of SHS, including budget planning, and implementation. Closely monitor revenue and expenditures.
• Direct SHS administrative operations, and establish, review, and update policies and procedures, including all safety, compliance, and risk management policies and applications.
• Assess student health and wellness needs and explore and implement innovative practices to deliver high quality and efficient programs and services that address those needs.
• Organize and lead strategic planning efforts for SHS, including ongoing strategic assessment, gap analysis, and benchmarking to support implementation of SHS priorities and ensure alignment with the divisional strategic plan, including the ability to remain flexible as long-term and short-term priorities evolve.
• Direct the university domestic and international student health insurance program and the medical compliance programs, including immunization compliance and insurance compliance for international students.
• Ensure continuous quality management and improvement in all SHS programs and services.
• Lead and assure appropriate connections and systems of accountability with Augusta University Health regarding quality of medical practice. Negotiate and support mutually beneficial relationships with Augusta University Health and hospitals within the community.
• Establish and lead collaborative opportunities to provide holistic, comprehensive health-related services to students in partnership with counseling and residential life.
• Coordinate departmental preparation for the response to critical incidents and public health threats on campus, including management of and effective communication about public health issues.
• Establish and maintain appropriate liaisons with other University departments, federal, state, and community health agencies, and other health-related resources.
• Establish, implement and assess opportunities for wellness promotion and outreach across each campus, including collaboration with other departments.
• Represent and promote health services through positive public relations and effective health communications within the University and represent the University and SHS within the local community.
• [If applicable] When needed, provide direct clinical care for students according to departmental and Georgia clinical practice guidelines and all other applicable regulations.
• Additional duties as assigned, including assisting with Division of Enrollment and Student Affairs operations and serving on various divisional and university committees.
• Candidates are required to have (1) a Master's degree in a health-related management field, including Business Administration, Health Administration, Public Health, Health Promotion, or a related discipline from an accredited university; or 2) a M.S.N., Ph.D., D.N.P., or M.P.A.S., with certification in advanced practice nursing or as a physician assistant, with current unrestricted license to practice as a nurse or physician assistant in Georgia, or eligibility for such license; or (3) a M.D./D.O. degree from an accredited and approved medical school, with a current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Georgia, or eligibility for such license, and board certification in a primary care specialty.
• Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible supervisory, management, and administrative experience in health care services and administration, including the design, development, and direction of health-related programs and services and responsibility for quality of medical practice and outreach, fiscal management and budget development.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic objectives, motivate and develop medical and administrative staff, effectively manage resources, and cultivate strong collaborative relationships with multiple constituent groups.
• Knowledge of local and national issues, trends, and best practice standards in primary health care, college health, health insurance, and managed care, as well as of national certification and accreditation requirements.
• Proven record of success and commitment to working with issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Ability to support the development and maintenance of positive professional relationships and collaboration between Student Health Services and Augusta University Health.
• Superior communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, verbally, using technology, and in writing, within an ethnically and culturally diverse university community.
• Experience working with data collection outcome measures to assess services and to promote quality improvement
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, communications and critical thinking skills are essential.
Preferred qualifications: (1) Experience in a student health care setting or primary care with similarly aged populations in a related area of primary care practice and administration; (2) experience with health care technology (e.g., electronic health records); (3) demonstrated success working in a complex medical community and establishing strong networks; (4) knowledge of and experience in crisis management/emergency preparedness procedures; and (5) experience utilizing a customer-centered and service-oriented approach within an institutional/educational environment.
About Augusta University
Located in Augusta, Georgia, Augusta University is a public research university and medical center dedicated to training the next generation of innovators, leaders and health care providers. Home to three campuses in Augusta and various satellite locations across Georgia, Augusta University is at the forefront of groundbreaking research focused on improving and enriching the human experience. Offering undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and sciences, business and education as well as a full range of graduate programs and hands-on clinical research opportunities, Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care. The combination of nationally ranked business and nursing schools as well as the state's flagship public medical school and only dental school makes Augusta University a destination of choice for the students of today and the leaders of tomorrow.
Application Procedure and Timeline
Augusta University has partnered with Keeling and Associates,LLC (K&A), in this search process. Applications should include a letter of interest and a resume or curriculum vitae and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. A confidential review of applications will begin on March 27, 2017, and will continue until the appointment is made. Nominations, expressions of interest, and requests for confidential conversations about the position prior to application are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Jan Walbert (jwalbert@KeelingAssociates.com), the K&A senior consultant leading this search.
Salary will be commensurate with theexperience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency