| |About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm’s expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. wsp-pb.com/usa
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff has an opening for a Public Information Coordinator to work in the Florida Turnpike offices in Ocoee, Florida. The position will support, assist and offer guidance to the program in public involvement, public information, outreach and communications. The selected candidate will also join a talented group of other WSP communications professionals supporting the Turnpike program.
The position is part of WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff’s national Communications & Public Involvement Practice. This is an exciting opportunity to join our national team of talented communications and public outreach/public information professionals.
The primary responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Promote agency programs by establishing, developing and maintaining contact with media, professional and civic organizations and other special interest groups.
- As directed, prepare speeches, agency newsletters, brochures, broadcast scripts and other agency informational releases; coordinates major public relations for the agency.
- Develops special educational and promotional materials for presentation at meetings and conferences.
- Represents agency at civic and professional groups.
- Coordinate special events, groundbreakings and public meetings.
- Serves as project leader for special public relations projects.
- Research and help resolve issues pertaining to construction on Florida’s Turnpike (FTE), or other maintenance and tolling issues as assigned.
- Research and possibly respond to a variety of media requests in a timely manner as assigned to Turnpike Public Outreach Manager or Public Information Manager.
- Research, writing and vetting of various social media posts (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Research and write media releases as assigned for the Turnpike and SunPass.
- Research and write AP Style for website and various newsletters as assigned.
- Coordinate and participate in public meetings with various neighborhood groups or other Turnpike stakeholders as assigned.
- Web design or web development.
- Serve as liaison between the Turnpike and the community.
- Reply to emails and letters from the public on behalf of the Turnpike, Florida Department of Transportation and the Governor’s Office.
- Respond to customer phone calls and assist with the Turnpike’s toll-free customer service line.
- Coordinate and work with Production, Construction, Communications and Marketing and others as necessary.
- Assist and provide support to Turnpike’s Roadway Maintenance, Traffic Operations and Right of Way staff with customer issues and complaints.
- Assistance to Turnpike executive leadership as requested.