St. Louis College of Pharmacy is currently seeking a head coach for its women’s basketball team. The coach manages all aspects of their respective team operations including prospective student-athlete recruitment, practices, game management, team rules, responsibility for the team while traveling and meeting overall team goals. This is a part-time, salaried, seasonal position and includes an incentive program. Women's Basketball runs October through February.
The college participates in National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) Division I sports as a member of the American Midwest Conference. Teams include men’s and women’s basketball, soccer, cross country, track and field, and tennis as well as women’s volleyball and softball.
- Create season plans for practices, game preparation, and conditioning activities
- Develop team strategy and analyze performance of student athletes
- Monitor, teach, instruct, and motivate athletes during practice and games
- Within athletic department and NAIA guidelines perform work, lead recruitment efforts and retention of student-athletes
- Attend conference coaches meetings and adhere to all College, department and conference performance standards
- Administrative duties such as verifying travel, coordinating scholarship awards, developing and submitting team equipment requests, etc.
- Execute professional development plan such as attending conferences and coaching clinics
- Mentor student-athletes
- Promote good public relations for the program, the Athletics Department, and St. Louis College of Pharmacy
- Monitor and advise prospective student-athlete throughout the process of receiving an eligibility determination from the NAIA Eligibility Center (a.k.a. PlayNAIA)
- Serve as Campus Security Authority (CSA) for Title IX issues, work with Athletics Administration on student athlete conduct and policy violations and support administration in enforcing other student conduct matters
- Correspond with coaches of opposing teams for scheduling and general information.
- Coordinate travel arrangements with and communicate requests to appropriate department staff