Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
The analyst position resides within the Investment Management Group of the TIAA Trust Company, FSB and will be primarily responsible for the search, selection, and ongoing monitoring of third-party investment products, including mutual funds and ETFs. The role will primarily focus on evaluating investment products within the fixed income market, both taxable and tax-exempt bond strategies, and will provide investment product recommendations for use in several advisory platforms, including managed accounts, brokerage, TIAA Life, and TIAA Charitable.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a third-party investment product due diligence process. Emphasis on executing a rigorous and consistent process that is auditable and supports feedback on investment decisions.
- Maintain research coverage on third-party fixed income strategies and serve as a subject matter expert on bond market fundamentals and industry matters.
- Employ quantitative and qualitative disciplines to identify and evaluate investment strategies that are part of a diversified portfolio designed to address specific client needs or desired investment outcomes.
- Manage full lifecycle investment manager search and selection processes with limited supervision, formulating detailed investment recommendation reports, and present rationale to internal investment committees.
- Monitor assigned fixed income managers/strategies and the overall manager/strategy lineup, and identify gaps in current strategy lineup.
- Coordinate with the Investment Strategy Group to develop and support the asset allocation framework in the managed account programs utilizing third-party investment products as building blocks.
- Partner with multiple business lines to identify investment content needs and identify targeted solutions that meet their strategic initiative and priorities.
- Promote the investment product research function by communicating the group’s investment philosophy, process, and viewpoint during interactions with client-facing colleagues.