POSITION TITLE: Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Support Services Director
POSITON DESCRIPTION: Provide support services and linkages to appropriate community services designed to assist clients achieve goals related to self-sufficiency and economic independence. Provides comprehensive assessment, linkage, and referral services to clients of HOW’s Long Term Rental Assistance (LTRA) program. Serve as an integral member of the Support Services Team designed to support stable housing and self- sufficiency among formerly homeless individuals and families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build relationships with community organizations/partner agencies.
- Work in coordination with the Housing Department to achieve client housing stability.
- Link individuals to services that support goals leading to stability.
- Take an individualized approach to self-sufficiency planning with clients.
- Implement client engagement strategies that strengthen the case management relationship.
- Provide assertive case management services to a case load of men, women, and families, who have issues related to homelessness, including: recovery, harm reduction, medical needs, employment, developmental needs of children, and mental health.
- Perform home on a regular basis with client caseload.
- Maintain client files according agency standards.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and staff development opportunities.
- Participate in program planning and evaluation.
- Enter and track data through Service Point (HMIS).
- Perform all required reporting functions.
- Assist with facilitating HOW client groups and workshops as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete weekly intake interviews as scheduled by supervisor.
- Ability to work flexible hours according to program needs.
- Assist with advocacy, outreach, and development efforts.
- Participate in all relevant HOW meetings and trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree social services or related field.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum one-year experience in a social service-related position
- Able to work in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational ability
- Excellent research abilities
- Comfortable working within a collaborative team setting
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and needs
- Bilingual English and Spanish (preferred)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance and a reliable car
- Must pass applicable background checks
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, and walk up and down stairs
- Must complete and pass CANTS screening
SPECIAL CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
STARTING SALARY: low to mid $30s
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time (40 hours); regular business hours with occasional nights and weekends.
*HOW is an Affirmative Action, Equal-Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as appropriate. HOW reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees must pass applicable background checks.