Are you an outgoing, detail-oriented professional that can manage a busy presentation schedule and represent our brand to PA students?
Join a thriving, successful organization that values your individual contributions to our growing team. The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (www.nccpa.net) is the only certifying agency for PAs in the U.S. NCCPA is dedicated to serving the interest of the public by providing certification and recertification programs that provide confidence in Certified PAs who provide millions of patients with access to affordable, high quality care.
What’s In It For You?
- This is a newly created position that allows you to make a difference.
- Work with a supportive staff that has a passion for our stakeholders.
- Create and build relationships with an important stakeholder group.
- Fantastic benefits!
The Presentation and Exhibit Manager will be the external relations contact for all PA student communication. This person also will handle critical details for the 50-75 presentations and exhibits NCCPA participates in each year. We seek a highly motivated professional with outstanding external relations, conference management, and outstanding presentation skills to lead all facets of NCCPA’s student outreach programs and NCCPA’s presence at various conferences for the NCCPA, the PA History Society and the PA Health Foundation. The essential functions of this position include:
- Student Outreach Programs. Exercises discretion and independent judgement regarding matters of significance for student outreach programs for all three organizations and liaising with the Student Academy of the AAPA and other student groups. This includes:
- Managing NCCPA’s annual PA Week student outreach activities.
- Communicating with PA students through social media programs including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, internet forums, blogs and message boards.
- Presenting on NCCPA’s behalf to student audiences at PA programs around the country.
- Coordinates and manages the scheduling of presentations and exhibits for internal and external speakers/exhibitors, including management and maintenance of the master presentation schedule.
- Works with PR team to identify needs for marketing collateral and giveaways.
- Ships materials to support presenters and exhibitors.
- Collects, aggregates and reports result of speaker surveys, participation numbers and other feedback from presentations.
- Coordinates and manages all aspects of the three organizations’ presence at the annual conferences of AAPA and PAEA (including presentations, sponsorships, exhibits, other special events, and communication with staff participants and the travel planner).
- Participates in meetings with management to determine outreach needs and priorities.
- Provides administrative and logistical support to NCCPA public policy campaign team(s).
- Updates and tracks expense codes for all expenses in above areas and inputs to budget tracking spreadsheet.
- Formulates, interprets, implements, and maintains policies and standard operating procedures related to the above functions.
Supervisory Responsibility None.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with colleagues, operate standard office equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require long hours and weekend work. Overnight travel required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism
- Two or more years of related project management experience
- 1-2 years of experience in social media and presentation planning
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated outstanding presentation skills
- Superb organizational skills
- Demonstrated prioritization skills.
- Experience managing and directing vendors.
Additional, Preferred Education and Experience
Three or more years of experience developing, leading and managing all aspects of an external relations program.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants has certified over 100,000 physician assistants in the United States. NCCPA certification is required to obtain licensure and --in many states -- to maintain a license to practice as a physician assistant. Established as a not-for-profit organization in 1975, NCCPA is dedicated to serving the public through exemplary programs that evaluate critical physician assistant competencies and that require the pursuit of lifelong learning and improvement. NCCPA administers certifying, recertifying and specialty exams and a process for certification maintenance. As the physician assistant profession continues to grow, so does our need to add to our highly qualified dedicated team at NCCPA. Please visit our website at www.nccpa.net to learn more about us.
NCCPA offers a competitive compensation and benefit package for those who join our team. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, health reimbursement account, life insurance and short and long term disability coverage. In addition to time off for holidays, our employees enjoy a generous paid time off program for vacation, personal and sick time. Other benefits include a robust 401(k) plan, as well as flexible spending, and tuition and health club reimbursement Programs.
Please forward a copy of your resume and salary requirements to HR@NCCPA.net.
NCCPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer