The Coordinator for First Year and Sophomore Programs collaborates with students, faculty, staff, and alumni to enhance Brownâ??s excellence through diversity. The Coordinator facilitates the success of the Brown Center for Students of Color and its students by providing critical management of first year and sophomore student programs, including the Third World Transition Program (TWTP) and the Minority Peer Counselor (MPC) Program. The Coordinator is responsible for the development of a program that provides leadership training to first year students and creates pathways for future involvement in the Brown Center for Students of Color. The Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the Social Justice Peer Education (SJPE) Program, including curriculum development and supervision of SJPE coordinators. The Coordinator for First Year and Sophomore Programs also manages Center events and media and assists, as needed, in coordinating Brown Center for Students of Color (BCSC) administrative operations.
- Bachelorâ??s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in an academic setting strongly preferred.
- Understanding of Brownâ??s curricular philosophy preferred.
- Understanding of issues of social justice, especially in regards to race and ethnicity and how they intersect with other social identities (e.g., gender, sexual orientation, class).
- Event planning or program development experience required.
- Experience supervising students preferred. Ability to coordinate the work of others necessary.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer aptitude for learning new software and problem solving required. Proficiency in word processing, and spreadsheets required.
- Flexible to change and interruptions, manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as required.
Background Check: Criminal
Recruiting Start Date:2017-02-15-08:00
Job Posting Title:Coordinator, First Year and Sophomore Programs
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.