| POSITION DETAILSThe Office of the Registrar is the official source for all student academic records at Baruch College. It handles all registration services for students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs. Functions handled by the Office of the Registrar include the collection and entry of grades and grade changes, publication of semester course offerings and final examination schedules, classroom scheduling and fulfilling many types of reporting requests for student information. The Enrollment Registrar Coordinator will provide support to assigned operations within the Office of the Registrar. This position will report to the Associate Registrar.Additional duties include:|
* Creates semester schedules. Requests information from academic departments. Monitors and enforces submission dead lines. Updates CUNYfirst to reflect schedule changes.
* Updates and maintains prerequisites, cross-listed courses, new courses, and course number and title changes.
* Assists in CUNYfirst data verification.
* Assists students with registration issues.
* Reviews student records for course compliance; runs queries through CUNYfirst; maintains Excel data files and coordinates email notifications; works closely with BCTC, the TAP Compliance Officer, Academic Advisement, Admissions, Testing and Financial Aid to assist with TAP compliance initiatives.
* During TAP Course Compliance review, ensures that current curriculum changes are reflected in DegreeWorks; works with Degreeworks Coordinator to report issues; monitors data in Degreeworks and the FACTS system for accuracy.
* Assists with other Office of the Registrar functions including specific projects and procedures/policy documentation tasks, as assigned.
* Assists with supervision of part-time staff and student workers.QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's Degree required
* At least two (2) years of relevant full-time experience is desirable, preferably working in an enrollment management office or registrar's office
* Working knowledge of TAP, the DegreeWorks system and the CUNY FACTS system preferred
* Demonstrated successful experience with student information systems strongly preferred
* Proficiency and working experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and other software typically used in an academic environment
* Effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills, analytical, critical thinking, planning and problem solving skills are essential
* Highly organized and detail-oriented
* Exceptional customer services skills
* Commitment to professional developmentCUNY TITLE OVERVIEWProvides operational support for registration operations.
* Provides advice on academic and administrative registration requirements
* Interprets and communicates academic, registration and enrollment policies and procedures
* Assists with registration and provides information to prospective and enrolled students in registration and records-related areas
* Complies, generates, and updates various reports, catalogs, and inventories
* Maintains compliance with established record release procedures, including the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
* Collaborates with College and University offices to address inquires and concerns and resolve student registration and record problems
* May participate in activities related to course scheduling and maintaining course databases
* May monitor and revise the content of web pages and other communication materials
* Performs related duties as assigned.CUNY TITLEAssistant to HEOFLSANon-exemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITS$45,278 - $50,397; salary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.CLOSING DATEMarch 23, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Baruch College*Job Title:
* Registrar Coordinator*Job ID:
* 16394*Full/Part Time: