Advertised Employing Department: Computer Science
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Department of Computer Science at Iowa State University seeks outstanding applicants for a faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. This is a tenure-track appointment with 60% teaching, 30% research, and 10% service focus.
Responsibilities will include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses; advising undergraduate and graduate students; serving on departmental, college, and university committees; advising student organizations; seeking extramural funding; publishing in top tier venues; developing interdepartmental or intercollegiate collaborations in education and research; mentoring graduate students; and enhancing Iowa State University's existing strengths through professional and institutional service.
Required Education and Experience:
- A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Computer Science or a closely related field on or before the start date.
- Demonstrated excellence in classroom teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Experience supervising research of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Demonstrated engagement in professional and institutional service.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in enhancing student learning outcomes, retention, and development.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based, collaborative environment to solve problems and develop programs.
- Experience and demonstrated leadership in coordinating Learning Community, peer mentor, and advising student run programs.
- Demonstrated ability, or potential, to receive and sustain externally funded research.
Guaranteed Consideration Date: 03/25/2017
Posting Number: 700007