About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer (AVP&CFO), the Chief of Staff provides direct support to the AVP&CFO and provides management oversight for the operational affairs in the Office of the Associate Vice President for Facilities. This position manages special projects for the AVP&CFO; prepares briefings and material, including benchmarking research and report preparation; coordinates meeting materials of the Buildings and Grounds Committee of the Board of Visitors for submission to the Vice President for Administration's Office; and provides overall active tracking and steering of the most central issues in Facilities. The Chief of Staff also oversees the management of the AVP&CFO and division calendars, as well as all administrative staff management. Additionally, the Chief of Staff directly/indirectly supervises a staff of nine employees, and provides leadership to the Office of Sustainability and the Office of Facilities Occupational Safety Programs
- Master's degree in Business, Public Administration or related field or equivalent level of training and relevant experience
- Experience independently drafting and editing correspondence and other documents
- Experience with report preparation, data gathering, research, analysis, and report writing
- Experience that demonstrates professional communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with diverse clientele
- Demonstrated high proficiency with current office software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database management systems, electronic mail, and presentation applications
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with knowledge of computer applications for data analysis and report development
- Excellent organizational and delegation skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently including establishing goals, managing projects and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a higher education environment
– Demonstrated Leadership Skills
- Experience working in a university setting.
- Experience with policy and procedure development, policy interpretation and policy writing.
– Experience working with Sustainability Programs.
Employee Category: Administrative and Professional Faculty
Appointment Type: Regular
Tenure Status: Non-Tenure Track
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Review Date: 03/28/2017