***THIS POSITION WILL SUPPORT COVERAGE FOR TWO CLINICS - ROANOKE SALEM FAMILY PRACTICE AND SOUTHEAST FAMILY MEDICINE***
60/40 Clinical/Resident Education split
Carilion Clinic and the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine are seeking a Clinical Psychologist as a Behavioral Science Faculty member for our well-established, highly regarded Family Medicine residency program. The behavioral science faculty member is well-integrated into the residency faculty and our patient-centered medical home. This dynamic role will provide the opportunity for resident and student teaching, patient care, curriculum development, and the potential for research in a supportive environment. www.carilionclinic.org.
This position will support Carilion's hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities. Clinical services may include, but are not limited to, age-appropriate psychological evaluations, individual, group, family, and/or couples therapy, treatment planning and discharge ensuring that behavioral medicine is integrated into the family medicine residents' educational experience.
Minimum Qualifications Required
Education: Ph.D. in Psychology from an APA accredited graduate school required.
Experience: Two years clinical experience which may include the year of internship required. The second year must be post-graduate and include supervision by a licensed Psychologist or Clinical Psychologist.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Licensed by Virginia by the Board of Medicine as a clinical psychologist or by the Board of Psychology as a Psychologist (Clinical), or in West Virginia by the Board of Examiners of Psychologists required. Must have de-escalation training successfully completed within four months of hire and then maintained annually going forward when working in the inpatient environment.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Meets credentialing requirements. Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with physicians and other health care providers. Must have a commitment to continuing education.
Other Significant Responsibilities:
- Assesses patients' need for services; treats accordingly; and develops/maintains therapeutic relationships with individuals.
- Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team, participating in the coordination of the patient's treatment with the attending physician, care team members, referral sources, family, and/or others.
- Collaborates with other therapists and team members and supports the process of team building within the department and throughout the organization.
- Assumes primary responsibility for overseeing and evaluating the Behavioral Health curriculum for family medicine residents, including delivery of didactic instruction.
- Evaluates the current behavioral medicine program at least annually and implements changes as needed during the Annual Program Evaluation period.
- Assists with the recruitment and selection of family medicine residents.
- Utilizes due process and provides support, resources, and remedial training as necessary for individuals identified as having special needs.
- Assists with Faculty Development training when appropriate.
- Precepts cases with residents involving patients and families with difficult psychosocial issues and assists residents in managing psychosocially difficult patients.
- Facilitates resident and faculty groups as related to residency training and professional development.
- Participates in research projects and co-facilitates the longitudinal scholarly activities for both residents and faculty.
- Works to establish a community network of Behavioral Medicine services, agencies and professionals as resources for the residency's educational program.
- Provides education and training for other professional disciplines, hospital staff, and/or community groups/individuals.
- Assists the management team in special projects.
- Maintains all professional certifications required by Virginia and Carilion Clinic.
- Enhances professional growth by participating in educational activities to ensure ongoing competence in diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Consistently delivers the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrates respect, kindness, and empathy in each encounter with patients, family, visitors, and other employees.
- Champions Carilion Clinic's mission, vision, and values; complies with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge region of Virginia, Roanoke is a growing and vibrant small city, and the providing a family-friendly environment with a multitude of outdoor activities immediately accessible. Carilion Clinic is a leader of health care in southwest Virginia and the largest employer in the Roanoke area. https://www.virginia.org/cities/Roanoke/
For more information, you may visit the Carilion website at www.carilionclinic.org. Interested applicant may access the Carilion Clinic career page at www.carilionclinic.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.