Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
Drivers of the Mobile Mammography Coach are responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of the vehicle used in transporting equipment and supplies, which includes driving the assigned vehicle in accordance with State, City, or other applicable statutory safety regulations. In addition, this individual will greet and schedule patients, verify insurance information and facilitate access to additional services and care providers as needed.
- Delivers successful service to our internal and external customers by adhering to critical success standards: demonstrating accountability and commitment to quality and safety standards; taking ownership in the financial success of the hospital with appropriate resource use and management; providing exceptional customer service; and exerting effort to insure a positive work environment that demonstrates dedication to the hospital's mission, vision and values.
- Performs proper loading and unloading, handling, transport and delivery of passengers, lab work, supplies or equipment to their proper destination. Upon arrival, stabilizes the Coach for set up and operation, powers and/or fuels the generators, coordinates applicable power supplies as applicable.
- Turns the mammography unit on and off as needed. Ensures the cabin temperature of the Coach remains at constant and required settings for equipment. Maintains vendor relationships for vehicle repairs and maintenance, overseeing all records and appointments. May troubleshoot maintenance issues. Ensures vehicle is always adequately fueled, stocked with supplies.
- Greets and registers patients either prior to or upon arrival of patient. Ensures all patients have current insurance coverage. Provides resources and information to uninsured patients.
- Accepts payments for co-pays and prepares receipts for deposits. Promotes and protects Patient Rights. Provides information to patient through approved patient education materials. Protects patient privacy and confidentiality in accordance with all HIPAA and Joint Commission regulations.
- Obtains general consent forms, health assessment surveys, general releases and patient screening forms.
- 3 years' experience as a licensed driver. 1 year customer service related experience including data entry.
- High School or equivalent
- A valid Class R Colorado State driver's license and proof of automobile insurance
Vocational/specialized, health care related 3 years' experience operating commercial vehicles 1 year health care related experience
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.