- Board of Governors (B/G): Manage activities including projects, presentations and communications for 276 Governors; make preparations for all Clinical Congress meetings and social events; maintain and update the B/G Community and B/G section of the website; prepare quarterly editions of the B/G newsletter and ASCPA-ACS Activities Report; coordinates New Governor Orientation program; track Governor engagement, ensure integrity of all data related to the B/G in Aptify.
- B/G Workgroups: Manage ten out of thirteen B/G workgroups and various subcommittees including preparation of agendas, materials and meeting minutes; schedule and participate in all conference calls; research and follow-up on project work; and prepare workgroup reports for inclusion in the B/G Newsletter and ACS Bulletin.
- Nominating Committees: Manage conference calls; prepare agendas and materials for review; confirms attendance for calls; prepare correspondence to nominees/nominators; prepare Clinical Congress meeting materials and scripts for the B/G meetings and other publications for the Nominating Committee of the Board of Governors, Nominating Committee of the Fellows, and Elections Advisory Committee.
- B/G Executive Committee: Manage activities of the B/G Executive Committee including preparation of agendas, materials and meeting minutes for all conference calls, face-to-face meetings, and an annual strategic planning retreat. Prepare scripts and presentations for use by B/G leadership.
- Develop and manage the program budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a similar role managing large scale programs or projects.
- Experience managing or supervising volunteer or permanent staff is a plus.
- Experience with membership management systems is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organization.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills.
- Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position is required to assign work and manage the work of others to completion.
Fiscal Management: This position is required to develop and manage the project or program budget.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, minimal reaching bending and stooping. Work is performed in a normal office environment with long hours in front of the computer.
Other Necessary Requirements: Evening duties are required, including participating in weekly conference calls for various committees. Minimal travel for activities such as out of town meetings is required.
The American College of Surgeons is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (312) 202-5000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The American College of Surgeons will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities