Senior Web Content Specialist - (170000CG)
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Medicine, BIORESCO is currently recruiting for a Senior Web Content Specialist. The Senior Web Content Specialist will assist in the design, development and maintenance of our in-house built e-Commerce that meets the purchasing needs of the University and its schools, to meet the needs of the University and to communicate internally and externally. Apply new web technologies and best practices for web, email, mobile, and social media platforms.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Develop detailed design of websites, focusing on the ways in which the goals for the sites and the needs of users can be met through the provision of appropriate content. Identify and incorporate new media technologies and best practices for web, email, mobile, and social media platforms.
- Generate interest and convey messages through persuasive multi-media content. Present content clearly in accordance with editorial policy and web graphic treatments.
- Maintain content for websites, including articles, links, or FAQs. Prepare text content for distribution through web or other media. Edit copy and clear copyright for use of any existing content.
- Coordinate projects and ensure client specification and expectations are met.
- Promote websites and new media technologies through search engine optimization.
- Respond to user inquiries, comments, and suggestions. Edit content contributions and modify design to follow. Update and maintain sensitive material.
- Maintain menus, indexes, and directories within sites. Ensure archive and backup content.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field.
Experience: Four (4) years of experience in programming, databases, web-development communications, and technical writing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to assist with hardware and software installs and issues within team
- Ability to support users and assist them in the use of web tool and technologies
- Strong knowledge of website usability concepts, such as navigational aids, knowledge management, and information rendering.
- Familiar with current and emerging Internet/Intranet technologies and associated products, tools, and equipment.
- Strong understanding of the principles and practices of effective writing, editing, proofreading, reporting in multi-media content creation.
- Familiar with effective business communications, correct language usage, and marketing and communications strategies and techniques.
- Able to analyze and make sound recommendations on web presentation dealing with the media, community outreach, and public affairs issues.
- Able to manage multiple projects in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Understanding of incorporation of video, animation, and audio into the graphical design of web pages.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Exempt Staff - E2923E
Employee Class : Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: SOM Rsch & Grad Studies
: Feb 20, 2017