The University of Minnesota Arboretum delights and inspires hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. The Web and Digital Program Manager plays a critical role assuring the planning, execution, vendor and financial management of web and digital capability for the Arboretum. Reporting to the Director of Business Operations and Guest Services, the manager is part of the Business Operations and Guest Services organization. Deliverables include:
• Benchmarking Best in Class Public Garden/501 (a) websites and (b)digital applications
• Lead cross-functional process to design, build and manage new Arboretum website
• Manage existing web relationships, keep site operational, manage content process, flow, updates
• Manage all digital vendor relationships
• Map and manage web and digital platforms, assure functionality, support department content updates and placement
• Oversee design of web pages, modify content
• Mange, collect and report digital KPIs
• Participate as member of Digital Strategy Committee
• Deliver annual digital platform plan recommendations and budget request to Director & Digital Strategy Committee
• Present quarterly business updates, including web analytics/KPIs, budget and forecasting
• Stay current on emerging digital technologies
• Deliver ongoing review of best in class digital approaches, present annual digital trend report, benchmark historical and industry best in class results
• Actively make suggestions to improve and optimize the website to ensure that the Arboretum website continues to provide a best in class experience for our users and customers
• Manage staff of one or more
75% Arboretum website and digital capability review, design, implementation and management
Develop, propose and deliver long term web and digital strategy. Propose, gain approval and implement annual plans for increased digital outreach and improved community access. Using a consultative approach, continually connect with users, customers and guests to identify their needs, identify best in class digital practices, plan and propose web/digital solutions and improvements to best meet the needs of the business as well as our users, customers and guests. Work with internal clients to assure business needs are met, work cross-functionally with Arboretum Directors and staff to assure quality delivery, assessment and ongoing improvements are made to assure an outstanding digital experience for target segments. Meet and exceed satisfaction and revenue targets.
15% Special Project Support
Work with cross functional internal clients in Business Operations, Development, Education and Garden Operations to plan and support digital needs for special projects as assigned by Director. Work cross-functionally with Arboretum staff to assure special digital project success. Meet and exceed project client/partner satisfaction and revenue targets.
10% Team Management, Cross Organization Training and Support
Provide leadership to at least one digital specialist. Deliver digital training and support to Arboretum leadership and staff. Participate in cross-functional leadership opportunities including diversity, team building and leadership development.
• This is a full time position located at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum in Chaska, MN.
• This position also includes the option to participate in the Uof MN benefits package; medical, dental, life, STD/LTD, LTC insurance plans and flexible spending accounts]
• Final compensation based on skill, anticipated salary range
As an institution committed to demonstrating excellence through diversity, the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, in the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences is committed to hiring a diverse faculty and staff, and actively encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.