About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Associate Director of Administrative Services reports to the Director of Recreational Sports and serves as a member of the departmental leadership team providing strategic direction, marketing, public relations, communication, program development, personnel management, fiscal management, data analysis, assessment, technology systems and team cohesion initiatives. The Associate Director is responsible for:
Promoting physical activity, well-being, recreation program involvement, memberships, recreation facilities and services;
Developing strategies to drive promotional campaigns, recruitment and retention of exercisers, special events and engagement opportunities;
Leading initiatives for corporate sponsorships, fundraising, donations and alumni relationships;
Establishing a vision and implementing strategies to increase Rec Sports exposure and revenue generation;
Designing a comprehensive departmental assessment plan including customer loyalty, usage and tracking, student learning and outcome based assessments;
Building relationships with assistant directors who manage programs to facilitate the execution of brand strategies that enrich the campus experience and encourage healthy lifestyles;
Managing the operations of Innosoft Fusion, the recreation management software program as well as the departmental website;
Supervising full-time staff, graduate assistant and student staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Sports Administration, Recreation Management, Business.
- Significant experience in marketing, communication, public relations, recreation and/or sports administration
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Experience with integrating marketing techniques to drive engagement and a culture of well-being
- Experience with assessment and data analysis including tracking and usage data, customer loyalty and outcome based assessments
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives, programs, projects, deadlines and full time employees
- Master's degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Sports Administration, Recreation Management, Business, Higher Education and/or related field is required
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to groups
- Work experience in a collegiate setting
Employee Category: Administrative and Professional Faculty
Appointment Type: Regular
Tenure Status: Non-Tenure Track
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Review Date: 03/20/2017