Candidates who apply by March 31, 2017 will be given priority consideration.
The Director of Financial Aid will provide administrative leadership and management for the Office of Financial Aid including all financial aid programs and services. This director will possess a working knowledge of all federal, state and institutional regulations; ensure effective efficient processing of financial aid applications and the disbursement of funds, and ensure compliance in all areas. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs and work with other senior leaders in these areas.
- Direct the planning and organization of the Office of Financial Aid.
- Provide supervision and direction for the administration of all university financial aid policies, office procedures, and funding programs.
- Monitor and assure compliance with all institutional, federal, and state regulations related to financial aid.
- Prepare and complete required reports and applications for federal, state, and local funds and grants.
- Responsible for the analysis, interpretation and management of all governmental regulatory and institutional policy mandates.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of new initiatives to improve and streamline the financial aid process.
- Conduct regular assessments to measure student satisfaction and response for student financial aid services.
- Serve as a senior leader in the Enrollment Management and Student Affairs division and provide relevant information and data for strategic planning activities to shape an enrollment program that meets the university's strategic enrollment goals.
- Oversee the electronic transfer of information via the U.S. Department of Education applications to include the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD), and the Central Processing System (CPS) and state agencies.
- Develop and lead financial aid presentations and participate in outreach activities such as New Student Orientation, financial aid workshops, student outreach programs, and other events in support of student enrollment.
- Oversee Title IV refund and repayment processes, including U.S. Department of Education and NSLDS notifications.
- Act as a liaison between the university and students, parent, faculty, and community to disseminate information, build and strengthen relationships, and encourage enrollment.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for financial aid audits and program reviews.
- Ensure that financial aid information is easily accessible in a variety of formats and presentations.
- Manage the hiring and training of support staff.
- Ensure security, confidentiality, and retention of financial aid records, promissory notes, and other required documents related to financial aid activities.
- Prepare and maintain an operating budget for the Office of Financial Aid with strict controls to remain within the allocated budget funding.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs.