| Company Description: |
William Blair is a global investment banking and asset management firm. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is based in Chicago, with offices in 18 cities across four continents. For more information, please visit williamblair.com.
About the Team:
The available position is part of the Private Wealth Management Middle Office. The Middle Office directly supports Private Client Advisors (PCA) and Investment Management Counseling (IMC). The Middle Office is the liaison between the Front Office and our custodian, National Financial Services. Client Accounts is responsible for Client Onboarding, Account Maintenance, Asset Transfers, and Money Movements.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the delivery of exceptional client service. Monitor communication between the Front Office and Middle Office. Ensure service levels delivered by the Middle Office to the Front Office and clients exceed expectations. Resolve complex and/or urgent problems on a daily basis.
- Participate in various projects and initiatives to support Middle Office Operations and the other business units (e.g. PCA and IMC). This may include projects pertaining to the structure of Middle Office, operational flows and systems, rollout of new products and services, etc.
- Monitor and Assist when needed with the daily workflow involving opening and maintaining client accounts, asset transfers and money movements to ensure accuracy and timely completion. Investigate and resolve any errors, inconsistencies, or problems. Assist in monitoring performance of analysts and determine if training is required to ensure their ability to complete their assigned tasks.
- Assist Front Office Business Units and Operations Management by leading onboarding efforts pertaining the new recruits in Chicago as well as other offices. Provide support for client portal inquiries and set-up.
- Partner with management to ensure workflow is balanced and all representatives are working together as a team. Assist in training employees on all aspects of operational processes. Provide mentoring to interns on various tasks pertaining to Operations.
- Help facilitate the implementation of new systems and required changes to procedures. Partner with Group Manager to build and align the Client Accounts Team to achieve its mission and goals.
- Strong knowledge of securities business processes and applicable procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory rules and regulations pertaining to Client Accounts, Retirement Plans and Cash Management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively, both individually, and as part of a team.
- Easily adaptable to changing circumstances and diverse personalities.
- Highly motivated with the ability to energize others.
- 4+ years' experience brokerage firm operations or other financial services positions .
- Bachelor degree required.
- Series 99 or Series 7 exam preferred (willingness to complete with 6 months of hire date will also be considered).
As a William Blair associate, you'll enjoy Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, along with a generous profit sharing program that includes a 401K plan in addition to a firm contribution. We also offer three weeks of vacation, flexible spending accounts, a business casual dress code, a 75% discounted commissions on trades, and discounts at restaurants, museums, parks and retailers.
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.