| Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report. |
The College of Education is the oldest college on campus and serves approximately 3,000 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The College recently launched the Center for Access, Success, and Equity (CASE), a new PhD in Education program, and a recruitment and retention program for diverse male educators. The work of the College is underscored by its commitment to addressing issues of access, social justice, and equity. Find our more about the College of Education at http://www.rowan.edu/home/education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the College of Education accreditation and assessment projects and activities.
- Align the College of Education assessment work to CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) standards to assure quality and support continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement assessment and accreditation policies and procedures.
- Collect assessment data, and disseminate accreditation and assessment materials.
- Produce assessment and accreditation reports such as program and unit wide assessment reports, Specialized Professional Association reports, Praxis Roster, Title II, and CAEP Annual Report.
- Develop, manage, and maintain all the technology, assessment, and accreditation systems and interfaces, including but not limited to the electronic exhibit room, WebEx, AIMS (Accreditation Information Management System), Tk20 (College of Education data management and assessment system), ETS data manager Praxis, Dashboard and Cognos Reporting interfaces, Praxis SSB and Apex System, and edTPA Pearson interface.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Master?s Degree in educational assessment, higher education, or other related discipline and three (3) years? experience with assessment and accreditation in a higher education institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of national accreditation standards and assessment practices and methods.
- Demonstrated ability in utilizing technologies to facilitate and strengthen assessment activities
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty and various campus constituencies on assessment related projects.
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience in managing information technologies.
- Commitment to issues of diversity, access, social justice, and equity
- Terminal degree in statistics, research, education or related field
- Experience with national accreditation for education
Starting Date: July 1, 2017
The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system no later than March 15.
Submit letter of application with a statement of leadership, curriculum vita, graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. Applications must include each of these documents at the time of submission.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, and the university will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
Direct any questions to Dr. Stacey Leftwich, Search Chair at email@example.com.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.