| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center's HR Business Partner team is seeking an HR Business Partner to join our team.
We are internal consultants who partner with clients across Memorial Sloan Kettering to support our mission in research, treatment, and education about cancer. We strategize with our clients to optimize talent, structure, processes, and culture, anticipating, identifying and responding to opportunities and challenges . We are responsible for the delivery of all HR services whether delivered personally or in collaboration with our HR colleagues. We leverage our knowledge in employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational design and development, talent management, talent acquisition, HR process and systems and change in support of achieving the business plan.
We have over 14,000 employees at MSK and each area is represented by a team of HR Business Partners, familiar with that area’s priorities and intricacies. This role will directly support employees across a number of client areas, responding directly to their needs while working in collaboration with the HRBP team to address more complex and strategic needs.
- Energized by working through complex problems, sifting through high-volume, often contradictory information, and probing to find the truth
- Capable of adjusting to your audience, taking opposing points of view, and searching for what you may be missing
- Action-oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges
- Able to use compelling arguments to persuade and gain the support and commitment of others.
- Able to contribute to projects and major initiatives
- Flexible in approach so you can meet the shifting demands of different situations.
- A strong decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Serve as a trusted and valued advisor for clients
- Analyze complex issues, design effective solutions, and facilitate change
- Provide counsel on a broad spectrum of issues and opportunities, including resolution of employee relations issues. Clarify, interpret and ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures within assigned client areas. Ensure consistency in approach across areas of the business.
- Assist in the implementation of new and existing HR programs and initiatives.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.