The Postdoctoral Program Coordinator handles the day-to-day administrative operations for Brown-paid postdocs. This position is relied upon to research, analyze, and generate data reports to effectively support the work of the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. The incumbent will support postdocs and the mission of the office by collaborating with office staff to create and maintain career development workshops/seminars, sustain our social media presence, administer our office website, and help develop and host events associated with the Office.
The Training Grant Administrator administers and manages the funded T32 Brown Respiratory Research Training Program. This is a new grant where the successful candidate has the opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of pulmonary research at Brown. The incumbent will manage trainee appointments and grant budget, organize courses, collect and maintain data relevant to the training program, and help develop and host events associated with the program.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant or closely related experience, or equivalent combination of skills, expertise, and education. Experience in a university setting, preferred.
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills. Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Initiative and judgment to independently problem solve and prioritize. The ability to independently develop and implement short and long term goals.
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently, but also as a strong team member when the situation warrants.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Confident public relations and interpersonal skills. Competent oral and written communication skills and good command of English language and grammar necessary.
- Computer expertise and interest in maintaining and continuing to learn computer skills. Specific software includes (but is not limited to): Google online collaborative software (Sheets, Docs, Sites, Forms), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Filemaker Pro, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Dreamweaver.
- Ability to maintain and update websites and electronic newsletter, Weekly Update.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION CHECK REQUIRED
Recruiting Start Date:2017-02-16-08:00
Job Posting Title:Postdoctoral Program Coordinator/Training Grant Administrator
Department:Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:28
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.