OnCore Implementation, Data & Support Analyst (IT Systems Analyst 1) - 74023
Stanford University is seeking an IT Systems Analyst 1 (OnCore Application Specialist) to capture and model/map business requirements, and work with business partners to understand directions and priorities to assure the delivery of information technology solutions.
The OnCore Application Specialist will be an expert within Spectrum (Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Research & Education) on the clinical research database application OnCore Enterprise, licensed from Forte Research Systems, Inc., and being rolled out throughout the School of Medicine to manage all clinical research studies. This system has been in use at Stanford for cancer studies for some years, supported by the Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO.)
This position will focus on support for clinical research, supporting the production system and ongoing maintenance, while maintaining close collaborations internal to Stanford with SCI/CCTO and IRT, and working with the vendor as needed. The incumbent will also be involved in new development as part of a team responsible for implementing additional OnCore features and functionality, analyzing and developing standards for data entered into OnCore, and preparing customized reports. They will continue to learn the system and expand their knowledge as new functionality is introduced.
- Understand business processes and translate into system solutions.
- Assist with feasibility studies of enhancement requests, identifying options and recommending an IT solution.
- Assist the project manager in developing project scope, cost, resources, impact and schedule.
- Create business requirements, including business rules, quality attributes, performance goals, external interfaces and constraints.
- Collaborate with the business partners and test team to create and execute system test plans, user-acceptance testing and rollout.
- Assist the development team to develop technical specifications.
- Perform production support activities, including triaging issues, evaluating patches and fixes, assessing impact, and implementing solution.
- Conduct in-depth analysis to solve problems, identifying gaps and issues that minimize system modification and maintenance; make recommendations, including discovering new approaches or applications.
- As a key contributor to Quality Assurance and Control: Identify need for and define and program system audit reports, and use standard system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, verifying data for completeness, correctness and consistency, identifying gaps; analyzing root cause for data problems and proposing, with justification as needed, solutions to be implemented by others.
- Serve as a resource for non-routine inquiries such as requests for statistics or surveys.
- Test prototype software and participate in approval and release process for new software.
- Build Forms in OnCore, such as eCRFs; work with research team to verify forms before their release
- Design and document modules and components and how they will interface with each other.
- Develop functional specifications to ensure compliance with system development lifecycle methods.
- Administer the OnCore Enterprise application assist with defining and maintaining access roles and privileges and translating them to OnCore Enterprise configuration
- Design and construct online request forms for protocol set up in OnCore Enterprise, and other functions as needed, via REDCap surveys or other means
- OnCore Enterprise reporting: analyze user requests for new reports standard and ad hoc; program these reports and add to the OnCore report request screens as appropriate: Create complex charts and databases, perform statistical analyses, and develop graphs and tables for publication and presentation.
- Learn and support the super-user executive administrative functions of OnCore Enterprise, such as user account management, access controls, definition in the system of institutions and other organizational units (labs, IRBs, study sites, etc.).
- Quality control - define and program system audit reports; verify data for completeness, correctness and consistency.
- Develop test plans, scripts, and test data.
- Conduct testing and analyze results.
- Participate in interface specifications, development and testing as these projects arise.
- Liaise and coordinate closely with SCI/CCTO OnCore administrators.
- Act as liaison to IRT for technical support issues.
- Create and maintain tech support materials (system runbook) as needed.
- Provide production support monitor system outputs (e.g., logs for automated notifications) and ensure that system outputs and performance are within expected norms
- Perform trouble-shooting and problem resolution.
- Track technical and application issues.
- Monitor and advise on the applicability of vendor patches; assist in planning, testing, and implementation of new releases of the software.
- Assist in developing test plans, scripts, and test data.
- Assist in conducting testing and analyzing results.
- Have or develop this knowledge to be able to analyze and assist with the analysis of workflows and procedures.
- Provide call/help desk support for end-user queries and problems.
- End-user support for production system.
- Support the OnCore training function by working in cooperation with the User Support and Training Specialist, and assisting as needed with training, instructional materials, and coordination.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
Four-year college degree, preferably in science, computer science, or engineering.
OnCore system support and administration experience (for protocol and subject management, calendar and forms creation, financials).
Excellent understanding of computer relational database(s) and a reporting tool.
Experience with common database applications and mastery of SQL development tools (such as SQL Developer); substantial experience with report writing tools (such as iReport, JasperReports) is desirable.
Experience with the clinical research field and applications, including familiarity with the IRB process, and with the clinical research life-cycle.
Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to write clearly and concisely, communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical users, and generate quality documentation
Self-starter with a flexible attitude and ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
Ability to organize data into pertinent reports and generate metrics.
Ability to work on multiple projects and under strict deadlines.
Ability to discern when situations require escalation, or need to be brought to the attention of management/supervisor.
Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
Strong interpersonal skills, judgment, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with a broad spectrum of people, both individually and in groups.
High level of integrity and excellent judgment concerning privacy issues.
Readiness to learn new skills, and the ability to identify pertinent continuing education to support the requirements of this position and the evolving technical environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated experience with both process and data modeling.
- Demonstrated experience with fit/gap analysis.
- Understanding of relational database concepts.
- Strong understanding of the components of web applications.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimum direction.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish effective, ongoing relationships with clients, staff and management.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure in high stress situations.
- Demonstrated ability to program or script : Use of common application and SQL development tools such as SQL Developer, and report writing tools such as iReport and JasperReports to design custom reports based upon the OnCore database (Oracle).
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Desirable: OnCore certification
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Work extended hours.
WORK STANDARDS (from JDL)
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: School of Medicine
Job Code: 4801