The Opportunity: Cape Henry Collegiate is seeking an enthusiastic and professional school counselor to serve primarily in the Lower School with crossover support in other divisions. The counselor will serve as a member of the Lower School Administrative Team and work closely with the Director of Lower School, the Lower School Curriculum Specialist, and the Lower School Faculty. The counselor will serve as a leader in programming for the entire Cape Henry community. The strongest candidates will be proactive individuals who understand the importance of knowing and valuing every student.
Summary of Duties:
- Provide individual, group, and family counseling services.
- Refer students to appropriate community resources for assistance.
- Provide follow-up services to students and consults/advises other staff on students' academic, personal, emotional, and social needs.
- Provide proactive programming to educate the School community on issues that face today’s youth.
- Works with faculty to provide professional development with regard to developing and supporting the social, emotional, and academic success of students.
- Master’s Degree in School Counseling, Clinical Counseling, Social Work or related field.
- Commonwealth of Virginia counseling or social work licensure
- At least three years of school counseling or working with adolescents in a counseling setting.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate individual and group counseling activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; organizational skills; proficient technology skills; excellent listening skills; strong interpersonal skills
Benefits for Full-Time Employees: Health, life, disability, and retirement. Tuition remission is available for children of faculty.
Application Materials Requested: Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter along with three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cape Henry Collegiate is an independent, PK-12, college preparatory, coeducational school with over 900 students in Virginia Beach, VA. The school’s mission is to know, value, and challenge each student in a diverse and inclusive community and to graduate independent thinkers and globally aware citizens.
Cape Henry Collegiate, a recognized leader in global education and a top college-preparatory school, welcomes candidates who add to its diversity.