Léman Manhattan Preparatory School is home to New York City’s only high school boarding program. Situated across two campuses in historic buildings in Lower Manhattan, the city’s fastest growing residential neighborhood, Léman Manhattan is an International Baccalaureate World School with more than 700 students from PreK-12th grade. A true microcosm of the world, Léman students hail from more than 50 countries of origin and speak dozens of languages – providing students with the opportunity to engage in discourse across a variety of perspectives and become engaged global citizens.
The residential high school program enrolls nearly 100 five-day and full-time students from 20 countries. With luxury student and staff residences on Wall Street in the heart of the Financial District, Léman’s boarding program offers a unique, international learning community that provides talented high school students with unparalleled access to New York’s best business and cultural institutions to propel their learning, setting them apart as candidates for admission to top universities.
Léman seeks a dynamic leader for the role of Director of Residential Life to join its senior leadership team. This highly visible position is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the boarding program, and overseeing daily operations. The Director of Residential Life is charged with building a strong community across boarding students, and for overseeing the physical, mental and social well-being of students. The Director leads the Residential Leadership Team and supervises a staff of 9 Residential Counselors.
The Director of Residential Life is responsible for:
- Promoting a positive and supportive living environment for all members of the Residential Life Community;
- Recruiting, developing, assessing and training members of the residential life staff;.
- Maintaining School / Parent / Agent communication channels;
- Serving as a Leman Manhattan Designated School Official with SEVP;
- Addressing and following up on all dining needs with the Food Service Provider;
- Addressing and following up on all facility needs with the Director of Facilities;
- Maintaining fiscal responsibility for the boarding budget;
- Organizing and leading weekly residential admin team meetings and bi-monthly dorm parent meetings;
- Collaborating with the Assistant Director of Residential Life to monitor student academic, behavioral, and socio-emotional progress;
- Contracting with and providing oversight to outside vendors, including but not limited to the laundry service, fitness center, cleaning company, alarm/security company, and local food service providers;
- Planning and coordinating student and staff orientations;
- Overseeing and assisting with the weekend activities program and various special events throughout the school year;
- Overseeing and assisting with the organization of student holiday travel and weekend leave;
- Developing and enforcing codes of conduct, rules, and regulations for the residential program and ensuring that staff enforce all rules fairly and consistently;
- Assigning rooms, and managing and coordinating all room assignments and changes in the dormitory and communicate/resolve problems in accordance with established procedures;
- Initiating and supporting programs to improve the integration between day and boarding communities;
- Developing, documenting, and disseminating all residential life policies, procedures, systems, and protocol;
- Serve as administrator-on-call within the weekend duty cycle.