TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Associate Dean of Enrollment Management
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Student Affairs
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the general supervision of the Vice President & Dean of Student Access, Involvement & Success, the Associate Dean of Enrollment Management is to provide, develop, and maintain a systematic and evidence-based set of strategies and initiatives to enable Westchester Community College to shape its enrollments focusing on student recruitment, transitions, retention, and completion. This individual will develop, articulate and implement a dynamic, forward-looking, and comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan that aligns with the College’s strategic initiatives ensuring a strong link between the student demand and College-wide priorities. Specific areas of responsibilities include oversight over the following units: Admissions, Center for Student Success (Academic Advising, Career & Transfer Services, & Opportunity Programs), Financial Aid and the Registrar.
This individual will have extensive experience working in enrollment management units at an institution of higher education, preferably in administrative roles, have advanced knowledge of recruitment and retention strategies and initiatives and a strong understanding as to enrollment management best practices and emerging trends at community colleges. The Associate Dean of Enrollment Management will have the following job functions and duties:
Recruitment & Enrollment Strategies
- Create enrollment goals and strategies for targeted student populations in order to advance institutional growth, diversity, and the college’s mission of access;
- Compile, analyze, interpret, and present data, in collaboration with Institutional Research, to monitor outcomes assessment of enrollment strategies, to guide future action to various constituencies including Deans, Vice Presidents, the President and the Board of Trustees;
- Identify and recommend solutions to enrollment barriers;
- Assist in the development and implementation of the college’s marketing plan, including the development of communication strategies for a variety of market segments that address prospective and returning student, program, and enrollment needs;
- Develop recruitment and retention strategies with local high schools, business & industry partners, community-based organizations, area social services agencies, and other strategic sources.
- Collaborate with academic and student services departments to develop strategies and initiatives that contribute to the retention of students using key metrics of fall to fall and fall to spring retention to measure effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Academic Affairs to ensure course scheduling and offerings meet current student and institutional needs.
- Identify and help procure technology to improve student engagement, communications, and success initiatives.
- Models and implements effective enrollment management strategies with employees in such areas as on-going professional development, mentoring and customer service awareness
- Serve as a member on a variety of College committees and task forces.
- Ensure exemplary programs and initiatives are provided by direct report service units that meet unit mission/goals, current student needs and best practice trends.
- Build and maintain strong and collaborative relationships with other College leadership, working collegially with the members of the President’s cabinet, faculty, staff and others to develop and implement short- and long-term enrollment plans.
- Serves as the primary liaison between Student Access, Involvement and Success and Academic Affairs, including serving on the Academic Leadership Council.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging trends in student affairs and higher education, particularly as they relate to community college students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.