| The Desktop Support Technician provides proactive and multi-faceted technical consulting and support services to executives and their staff in select university administrative offices. Support is also provided at several other locations, on and off-campus, either remotely or in-person.|
This position provides advanced IT Desktop support, consulting, incident management, and service request fulfillment. As a member of the team, will be required to work in conjunction with not only immediate team, but collaborate with other technical groups within Cornell Information Technologies (CIT) and across campus.
Services supported include a broad range of desktop and enterprise applications, network and desktop infrastructure, and mobile devices. Support is provided to end users via phone, chat, email, and/or in person. Solid customer service skills, advanced analytical/diagnostic abilities and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential to success in this position.
Bachelor's degree with at least 2-3 years' experience in Information Technology providing technical customer support or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Windows and Mac operating system
- iOS and Android support
- SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager), Casper, or equivalent tools.
- support of enterprise computing environments.
- Familiarity with application packaging, deployment, and testing.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in providing customer service and support to user community.
- Establish and maintain excellent rapport with individuals and/or departments that he/she supports.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally verbally and in writing to audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail and ability to document issues and problems thoroughly.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, support multiple initiatives simultaneously, prioritize work to meet and or exceed established service levels and be dependable
- Self-motivated ability to develop in depth understanding of a broad range of enterprise IT services, applications and technologies.
- Must demonstrate strong relationship building skills, time management skills, well-developed problem-solving abilities, analytical, reasoning and judgment skills.
- Ability to work with a team to resolve complex technical issues across broad range of technologies and applications.
- A demonstrated ability to acquire and maintain a working knowledge of a wide range of applications/systems, in a highly dynamic environment is essential.
- Contributes individually and as part of a team.
- Will be required to occasionally work outside standard work hours
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical field a plus.
- Experience with the following a plus:
- support ticket tracking system
- MS Office 365
- Video Conferencing applications and AV equipment
- Remote Support tools such as Bomgar, LogMeIn, or TeamViewer
- Cloud Services such as Box, SharePoint, and Remedy
- Virtual Desktops and Application Streaming
- Cornell's IT environment.
When applying through our system, please remember to attach your application materials (Resume/Cover Letter/CV) in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the Experience section of your application, use the 'Drop Files Here' box to manually drag document(s) into your application. For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please click here as an external candidate or click here if you are an internal candidate. Please note: Cornell Employees must apply through the Internal Cornell Career site.
No Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
No relocation assistance is available for this position
University Job Title:IT Support Assoc II
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Cyndi Morris
Number of Openings:1
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.2017-02-16-08:00