| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Supervisor, Admissions Center is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the department and will oversee assigned staff and activities to ensure efficient and effective bed assignment of patients along with any related functions, including activity relating to patient financial services. The Admissions Center is operational 24/7, 365 days a year and so the supervisor, along with fellow supervisors, will play a critical role as a point of contact in instances where escalation is needed. The Supervisor will identify opportunities for process improvement between various shifts, in order to streamline workflows while regularly encouraging staff participation in order to improve employee performance around the clock. Utilizing a coaching approach, the supervisor will have a focus on staff development and also serve as a resource and trainer for current and new systems.
- Monitor and evaluate employee performance and provide ongoing feedback.
- Take a coaching approach when interacting with staff; work with them frequently on their professional development, meet frequently with staff to advise on their productivity and provide suggestions of continued improvement.
- Monitor and respond to daily workload requirements to assure timely completion of team responsibilities and special projects.
- Routinely monitors operations of the area throughout the day and efficiently and effectively provides solutions to issues that impact the patient experience.
- Be aware of staffing levels and ensures there are enough staff throughout required shifts to handle operations and work on staff schedules to ensure that all requests for time off can be accommodated while still providing adequate coverage.
- Performs routine audits to identify areas of improvement; Regularly review operational processes and implement changes as needed.
- Review daily operations and staffing development to identify areas of improvement.
- Work both independently and alongside leadership team to pilot new processes, techniques and projects in an effort to improve patient service and staff effectiveness.
- Ensure staff is participating in their process improvement activities by discussing meaningful topics, prompting staff with questions and scenarios and work with the ideas and suggestions from both staff and patients and implement them efficiently.
- Routinely track and monitor success by creating a set of metrics for each initiative; tweak projects as necessary.
- Prepare reports, maintain organized files and lead meetings.
- Be responsible for maintaining open communication and relationships with various departments and inpatient floors; work alongside fellow supervisors and other members of Leadership teams to collaborate on projects, find more efficient processes and support each other.
- Ensure patient records are well documented, provides relevant updates to other departments and ensure staff files are kept to up to date.
- Identify and send requests to have data collected and analyzed.
- A Bachelor's Degree is strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of supervisory and/or healthcare experience
- Excellent judgment; ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to function in a high exposure role and communicate to high level leadership and people inside and outside of MSK
- Conflict resolution skills
- Flexibility to work weekends as needed; be on-call after hours
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.