The duties of this position includes:
- Manages daily calendar and schedule for SADAA including reviewing, analyzing, prioritizing and making decisions regarding the appropriateness of all requests for appointments.
- Manages queries, phone calls, email correspondence, and serves to represent the SADAA and the unit with proficiency and integrity.
- Analyzes incoming requests including mail, correspondence, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and appropriate distribution. Responds independently where appropriate, seeks consultation from the SADAA, and ensures that deadlines are met and follow-up occurs as needed.
- Assists with the preparation and delivery of reports, presentations, correspondence, key documents associated with multiple constituencies including accrediting agencies, students, faculty, staff and others.
- Interfaces with multiple stakeholders and participates in multiple committee meetings, sets agendas, assists with meeting arrangements and all related communication and follow up.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive electronic and paper filing systems for the work of the unit and the Senior Associate Dean and retrieves documents, records, and reports as needed.
- Makes timely travel arrangements, develops comprehensive travel itineraries, submits accurate travel reimbursements, and completes all related travel documents for SADAA and Assistant Deans as requested.
- Represents the SADAA and may attend meetings as requested.
- Gathers, compiles, and provide synthesis of data as requested, including literature searches, using OHSU and SoN resources and systems.
- Reviews web materials quarterly or as needed related to core project areas and works with the Office of Communication to update materials.
- Provides technical assistance and support to the SADAA as needed.
- Adapts to on-going changing work needs, acquires new skills, suggests performance improvement options, streamlines work flow, shows adeptness at moving decisions through the University and other systems.
Project Coordination and Management
- Provides coordination and support for the Academic Affairs team, including; tracking and maintaining accreditations files to ensure that records are up-to-date and archived properly, faculty activity planning data base, annual program reports and other projects as assigned.
- Coordinates meetings for SoN councils and committees in consultation with the unit: including, the Student Progress Review Committee, Statewide Academic Operations, Appointment, Promotion and tenure Committee, Faculty Affairs Council, Academic Affairs monthly unit meetings, strategic planning meetings and other meetings as assigned.
Support for the Assistant Deans in the Office of Academic Affairs
- This position may also provide scheduling and other general administrative support for the Assistant Deans in the unit and will provide back up coverage for the entire executive support team as needed.