Client Technologies Analyst
Posting Number: 20171259S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 715-UNIT - Technology Support Services
Under general supervision, the Client Technologies Analyst will function as an integral part of UNIT-Enterprise Technology Services and will act as a technical resource to provide support for computing technologies and campus technologies. Major responsibilities for the role includes IT support for Technology Support Services inclusive of Telecom and Data Networking services as well as working with cross-functional teams to help enhance our support services. This position will be a primary resource for technical issues related to supporting and administering our student residence hall's technological environment. Responsibilities include maintaining client computing services and provide IT support to faculty, staff, and students at Villanova with a focus on adapting to the ever-changing client computing IT landscape; with an emphasis on connectivity and mobility
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Trouble shooting and resolving issues related to the following: wireless and wired network connectivity, cable connectivity, telecom network services and mobile devices.
- IT support for client technologies while working with cross-functional teams to help enhance or provide technical support of end user technologies including monitoring, reporting, and configuration changes.
- Contribute to project workload.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or relevant work experience.
- 2 years hands-on managing/troubleshooting/supporting desktop support technologies including: Windows, Microsoft Software products (Knowledge of University Computing environment/
- Mobile Computing knowledge
Knowledge of basic networking principles and troubleshooting techniques
Experience implementing/managing Apple equipment (laptops, desktops, mobile devices).
- Knowledge of IT Security best practices
Experience supporting the telecom fundamentals.
- Software and hardware installation experience.
- 3-5 years providing computer support.
- Customer oriented, a positive, team-oriented attitude, flexibility, and understanding of the business issues driving the need for information technology, and solid work ethic is expected.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and build relationships with end users and business leaders, showing a high degree of cooperation, effectiveness in working with others and offering assistance when needed.
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage user expectations through excellent communication.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to set shifting priorities and meet deadlines/adaptability/flexibility.
- Experience working with cross-functional IT groups to promote open communication and teamwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to interact with all levels of the organization and communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing end user computing technologies.
- General knowledge of end points, mobile devices and networking equipment.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 02/15/2017
Closing Date (12am ET): 2/21/2017
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience
Salary Band: T-I
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10699
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency