| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Ob/Gyn - Endocrine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Obtains insurance information, referral forms and counsels patients on financial assistance when seen in department for services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains insurance information from patients and counsels alternative ways for financial assistance
- Registers all new patients, assisting with form completion
- Reviews schedule for new patients, updating when necessary
- Calls patients with appointment time reminder, obtaining insurance information and referral forms
- Explains billing process to patients, answers incoming inquiries from patients and third-party payers
- Explains billing process to other IBC staff; assists with basic account maintenance activities
- Assists patients with insurance questions regarding the billing process
- Assists staff with sending out reminder cards and other scheduling duties
High school diploma with 3 years of experience in billing systems and third-party claims and/or experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills and working knowledge of insurance and financial options
The hiring range for this position is $14.95 - $18.31 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.