NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Associate.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for conducting independent basic science experimentation based on research conducted in the assigned laboratory under the mentorship of a senior scientist. The candidate will be expected to seek to build a portfolio of research accomplishments in preparation for acquiring a higher degree in biomedical research or medicine.
- Generates hypotheses and designs and performs experiments to test them.
- Executes multiple experiments simultaneously over time independently.
- Records all experimental findings in a laboratory notebook, analyze and interpret experimental findings.
- Based on results, independently suggests and tests modifications to protocols.
- Prepares figures and diagrams for presentations and publications.
- Communicates results and collaborates with other professionals in the lab.
- Demonstrates a significant level of intellectual input into the design of the project.
- Presents findings at lab meeting, responds to challenges, and participates in exchanges of ideas to advance the science.
- Reads and understands relevant scientific literature.
- Contributes to the preparation of articles on research outcomes and progress and to the submission of same for publication.
- Participates in the editing and proofing of grant proposals, annual grant reports, and manuscripts for publication and recommends modifications to the Principal Investigator.
- After a period of time working in the laboratory, the candidate will be expected to train graduate students and post-doctoral fellows in experimental design, technique and performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a College graduate with a B.S. or B.A. in Biomedical or Physical Sciences.
- A minimum commitment of two years is required and placement in position may not exceed three years.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.