| POSITION DETAILSReporting to the Deputy Director and working closely with the Executive Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator provides information and services to the Baruch College community, including employment verification and maintaining the employee personnel records.In addition to the general duties listed above, the Human Resources Coordinator will perform the following duties:|
* Respond to requests for employment verification from the college community and external sources.
* Assist the Office of the Executive Legal Counsel with verifying information related to legal actions, such as FOILS, subpoenas, etc.
* Create and maintain hard copy and electronic personnel records.
* Assist with the compliance of CUNY's Records Retention Program.
* Responsible for all aspects of file maintenance, including but not limited to day-to-day filing,
* Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of files to and from archives.
* Respond to unemployment inquiries and questionnaires from the Department of Labor (DOL) and CUNY's unemployment insurance Division.
* Provide coverage for the front desk receptionist.
* Ensure l-9s are filed In accordance with federal regulations,
* Maintain established CUNY and departmental policies and procedures, objectives and safety standards.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree required.The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, abilities/competencies, and professional attributes:
* Two (2) years' human resources or related experience preferred
* Proficiency using computers, HR information systems, and related databases or software programs including PeopleSoft, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. PowerPoint, and Visio, plus the capability to learn new technologies
* Ability to learn quickly and work competently on assignments, as an individual contributor and as a team member with diverse people of various organizational levels
* A high degree of professionalism and personal integrity to maintain confidentiality, safeguard employee Information, and handle documents with sensitivity and discretion
* Strong analytical, evaluative, and research skills
* Must be detail oriented, and possess excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills to create documents and complete assignments accurately
* Excellent presentation, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish work plans, manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities, and meet strict deadlinesCUNY TITLE OVERVIEWProvides information and services to the College community to support the Human Resources function.
* Prepares and executes various personnel transactions involving employee recordkeeping, processing of new hires, pay administration, and recruiting
* Maintains an understanding of policies, procedures, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements relevant to human resources
* Organizes and processes employee information; develops and maintains reports and queries; assures data accuracy and completeness
* Responds to requests for information; troubleshoots issues, follows up and responds to employee inquiries
* Assists HR managers with employee communications of all kinds; may prepare materials, conduct orientation sessions, or update web pages
* Performs related duties as assigned.Job Title Name: HR CoordinatorCUNY TITLEAssistant to HEOFLSANon-exemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITS$38,701 - $52,964; salary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.CLOSING DATEMarch 18, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Baruch College*Job Title:
* Human Resources Coordinator*Job ID:
* 16340*Full/Part Time: