| GENERAL DUTIESI.T. Associates perform moderately complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Associates work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving complex technology problems and serving as a technical resource. They have considerable latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may have supervisory responsibilities.I.T. Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines.This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site athttp://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.htmlCONTRACT TITLEIT AssociateFLSAExemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATIONIn addition to the General Duties above:Position # 1 – IT Associate, Level 1|
* Supports Accessibility hardware and software, including setup and setup of Zoom Text, Jaws, Kurzweil 1000, Kurzweil 3000, Dragon, Abby FineReader, etc., for students, staff and faculty with special needs.
* Configures emerging technology with current classroom configuration to foster teaching and learning with equipment, such as the new generation of Smart multimedia devices, such as the Epson Brightlink.Position # 2 – IT Associate, Level 1
* Creates virtual environment and performs test to run multiple servers, including DELL K1000 asset inventory server, and VmWare Mirage image management and Windows migration server.
* Administers DELL DL4300 Rapid Recovery Appliance for image deployment and data recovery. Writes and administers an automated script from K1000 appliance to back up data from workstation to DL4300 appliance, and then upgrade the operating system.Position # 3 – IT Associate, Level 2
* Serves as the project lead programmer and webmaster within the new CMS environment.
* Performs many systems/business analysis reports and functions of a complex nature; includes developing new online systems/dashboards, database design and administration and analysis of existing systems.
* Serves in the role of ensuring that proper ADA accessibility guidelines are met when developing new pages/applications in the newly redesigned CSI website. Responsible for reviewing/approving each site/page before implementation into production.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent2. An equivalent of seven years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: seven years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus five years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus three years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position3. Demonstrated English Language proficiency4. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.This job has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.COMPENSATIONLevel 1:New Hire: $59,035*Incumbent: $66,710Level 2:New Hire: $65,143*Incumbent: $73,609*This amount reflects a salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.BENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYTo apply, please visit http://cuny.jobs/ and enter the Job ID# in the "What" section field. Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information) as one file.CLOSING DATEMarch 2, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/TechnicalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* College of Staten Island*Job Title:
* IT Associate, Levels 1-2 (Provisional) - Multiple Openings*Job ID:
* 16291*Full/Part Time: