| POSITION DETAILSThe Lehman College campus is located in Bronx, New York and is a Senior College within the City University of New York (CUNY) system. Lehman is the only four-year public college in the Bronx and is recognized as a Hispanic Serving Institution. The college serves mainly undergraduate students preparing them for employment, the professions and further study.The School of Arts and Humanities seeks an Associate Dean to provide administrative support and leadership for the School's undergraduate and graduate programs, oversee the day-to-day functions in the Office of the Dean and to manage specific initiatives. The school is home to nine departments that offer undergraduate courses and more than 20 Bachelor's degree programs and graduate programs in Art, Art Studio, English, History, Spanish Literature, Applied Music and Music Teaching. The Associate Dean reports to the Dean of the School and may serve on College-wide committees as a representative of the Office of the Dean.Core responsibilities include:|
* Support and collaborate with the Dean in day-to-day office and school functions.
* Review budget and scheduling processes with the Dean.
* Assist the Dean in the School's strategic planning process and efforts to increase external funding.
* Work with the Dean and Chairs to develop, implement, and monitor the impact of departmental strategic plans and operational goals.
* Address student, faculty and departmental issues and concerns.
* Chair and serve on search committees and focus groups.
* Manage specific initiatives and coordinate with offices and programs including Enrollment Management (Academic Standards and Evaluations, Admissions, and Registrar), Student Affairs (Campus Life, Financial Aid, and Athletics), Administration (Finance and Budget, Buildings and Grounds, and Human Resources) and Institutional Advancement (Alumni Relations and College Foundation).
* Support the Dean in mentoring tenure-track and promotion-eligible faculty.
* Assist the Dean in school personnel matters, interview new faculty candidates and review candidates' files for tenure and promotion.
* Schedule professional development opportunities for faculty.
* Provide administrative support and leadership for the School's undergraduate and graduate programs.
* Review curriculum proposals and serve as an adviser to Departments in curricular matters.
* Facilitate the development of new interdisciplinary programs and projects; support interdisciplinary approaches to scholarship, student learning and experiential opportunities, research, scholarship and teaching, and provide support for interdisciplinary initiatives.
* Partner with High Schools, Community Colleges, and other organizations to facilitate student recruitment and develop programs of joint interest.
* Work in conjunction with the Office of Assessment to facilitate the assessment of learning outcomes.
* Organize artistic and humanities based programming, i.e. speakers series, author visits, and conferences.
* Manage and develop the School's web presence and online marketing strategy in collaboration with the Division of Information Technology; promote and enhance the use of technology across the School.
* Provide support to campus publications and media outlets (i.e. campus newspaper, radio station, literary magazine, and academic journals).Appointment to this position will be accompanied with an appointment at the rank of associate or full professor. Tenure may be granted upon appointment to the faculty title, depending on qualifications and experience.QUALIFICATIONSThis position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience. Additional qualifications are defined below by the College.Ph.D. or M.F.A. in a discipline within the School. Must hold rank of Associate Professor or higher. Previous administrative experience and experience in programmatic assessment preferred.CUNY TITLEAssociate DeanCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSCommensurate with qualifications and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).For technical issues:Contact the service desk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.For other questions:For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.CLOSING DATEApril 7, 2017 (revised)JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: ExecutiveEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Lehman College*Job Title:
* Associate Dean - School of Arts and Humanities*Job ID:
* 16310*Full/Part Time: