About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Aquatics Coordinator will provide leadership and management for the aquatics program area ensuring safe and effective program delivery to the university community that include open recreation opportunities, children and adult swim lesson program, health and safety classes, and special events. Duties include but are not limited to: creating and managing wage and operating budgets, training and supervising a graduate assistant and student staff, ensuring proper maintenance and operation of pools and aquatic areas, teaching health and safety training courses, providing outstanding customer service for program participants, creating educational material for staff and patrons, and improving the existing aquatics program. This position works as part of a professional team that collaborates effectively with colleagues in the department and across the university.
- Bachelor's degree in sports administration, recreation, business and/or other related field is required.
- At least two years of experience in aquatic management in a collegiate setting (graduate work is acceptable).
- Must hold certification in CPR/AED and First Aid.
- Must hold Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) and Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certifications.
- Service oriented work style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write evaluations of performance and ability to develop and maintain records.
- Master's degree in related field
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certification
- First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Certification
- Good computer skills with knowledge operating a program registration software
Employee Category: Staff (Salary)
Appointment Type: Regular
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Review Date: 03/20/2017