| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization headquartered in Broomfield with facilities located in Colorado, Kansas and Montana. SCL Health operates:
4 safety net clinics
1 children's mental health treatment center
190+ ambulatory service centers
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring healthâ??and hopeâ??to our patients.
Our ministry is dedicated to improving the health of the communities and individuals we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This position is responsible for financial clearance of the patient account which includes initiating insurance verification, notification, pre-certification, authorization and obtaining reference numbers (as appropriate) for all Inpatient, Observation and Outpatient Services. Counsels the patient regarding their financial obligation, insurance benefits and appropriately communicate the patient liability. Acts as a liaison for the patient, physician office, care management team, community agencies and the Revenue Service Center.
- Verifies the ordering clinician credentials for add on outpatient encounters if not verified by the scheduling department at the time of scheduling.
- Works daily reports to ensure all payer specific billing requirements and authorization requirements are met.
- Obtains and verifies necessary demographic and billing information and updates that information in the eSummit system.
- Collects amounts owed for medical services including contacting the patient to secure payment.
- Assists with the follow up on appeals, denials, answer inquiries and update accounts as necessary.
- Identifies problems and communicates with the Revenue Service Center, Care Management team, Payer Relations and insurance companies in a timely manner.
- Remains flexible in scheduling to meet department and organizational needs to accommodate the scheduling process.
- Responsible for meeting productivity and quality measures.
Located in Broomfield, CO
| ||Minimum Required ||Preferred (Optional)|
|Education ||High School Diploma or Equivalent || |
| Additional Detail || || |
|Experience ||More than 1 year and less than 3 years ||More than 3 years and less than 5 years|
| Additional Detail ||Two or more years in a hospital medical office or insurance experience. ||Three or more years collection experience|
|Licensure, Certification |
| ||CHAA (Certified Health Access Associate)|
|Other: Knowledge, |
Skills and Abilities
|Knowledge of state Medicaid/Medicare programs |
Knowledge of payment assistance/charity programs
Knowledge of payer requirements for authorization and billing
Knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10 and CPT coding
Effective interpersonal and communication skills, including written, verbal and email etiquette.
Proven customer service/problem solving skills.
Proficient computer skills with MS Office products, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
|General knowledge of hospital billing preferred|
Medical Terminology preferred
Other combinations of formal education, training and experience may be considered.