The National Council on Crime and Delinquency (NCCD) seeks a Director of Child Welfare Programs. The individual who fills this position will be responsible for directing programmatic operations and related activities of NCCD’s work with child welfare and other social service systems, including adult protective services.
In addition, the Director of Child Welfare Programs will develop and execute strategies for business development, operational management, and quality assurance of multiple projects related to NCCD’s strategic plan, mission, and values.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive NCCD’s system-improvement engagements with child protection agencies and their leadership to support better outcomes for children and families.
- Oversee program operations and day-to-day leadership groups focused on (a) development and implementation of the Structured Decision Making®(SDM) system and (b) field practice and training.
- Support and expand body of work developing and implementing the SDM® system in adult protective services agencies.
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships with child welfare leaders and administrators.
- Develop new partnerships and business to expand awareness and impact of the organization’s expertise.
- Provide oversight and accountability for SDM system quality and fidelity, case practice/family engagement model, training curricula, and system-improvement approaches with client sites.
- Provide team with management guidance, strategies for growth, and operational assistance.
- Support the executive leadership team, management team, and staff to make consistent and progressive steps toward organizational and programmatic consistency and sustainability.
- Communicate work plans and priorities derived from the organization’s strategic plan by partnering with senior leaders to follow through with coordinated accountabilities, objectives, and associated budgets.
- Enhance organizational excellence by establishing operational benchmarks, timelines, and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, proactively recommending and driving improvements as necessary; set standards for accountability and measurements of success.
- Work closely with other directors on juvenile justice, community safety, adult corrections, and other programmatic project areas.
- Integrate work efforts with other NCCD departments on information technologies, data reporting, evaluation, and research.
Team Management and Development
- Focus on performance management and engagement of a robust and dynamic team.
- Work with the team’s associate directors to develop objective performance measurements to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all team members.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
- Assist in hiring and orienting new staff, conduct routine performance management reviews of associate directors, and implement the appropriate professional development tools and training to maximize operational effectiveness and ensure the achievement of employee goals and team goals.
- Supervise, coach, and evaluate the performance of associate directors, as assigned. Ensure team members are engaged and supported.
Program Operational Management
- Ensure that all assigned projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize effective coordination and collaboration within the team as well as across the organization’s programmatic and operational teams.
Level of Authority
- Make operational decisions on a day-to-day basis concerning the priority of project work, project design strategies, training methods, qualitative case review protocols, delivery of technical assistance, and similar activities.
- Work collaboratively with the executive team on matters related to annual budget development, including personnel forecasting and resource needs for business development.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, flex plan, life insurance, 403b, and pension.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
Work schedule: Full-time position in NCCD’s Madison office. See what Madison offers to residents and visitors by watching this short video.
Salary: Based on experience. Applicants should include expected salary in their cover letter.
Please submit the following to HR@nccdglobal.org.
Application review will begin February 21, 2017, and continue until the position is filled. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted within the month following receipt of their application.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of age, religion, sex, physical disability, medical condition, marital status, color, sexual orientation, race, national ancestry, or any other protected category.