Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics has an exciting opportunity to become a vital part of our compassionate and quality team within our Pediatric Clinic.
The full-time Mental Health Clinician (Child Psych) will be working in an outpatient pediatric clinic setting to assist in improving the health and well-being of pediatric patients and their families.
The Mental Health & Wellness Independent provider coordinates team based care to provide social work methods and theory to the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of psychosocial impairment or disability, including mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders to individual pediatric or adult patients, families or caregivers through a coordinated partnership with patients, caregivers, physicians and other providers. The Practitioner will provide direct assessment, diagnosis formulation, treatment planning, treatment intervention and education. Supports a healthcare delivery model within and across settings in order to provide high quality care coordination that is focused on preservation and restoration of health.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* 1. Performs focused and timely behavioral health assessment, diagnosis treatment planning & make treatment recommendations, assist with intervention recommendations. Collects data and contributes to goal oriented care and treatment plan. Collects data from a variety of sources such as patient records, interviews, observation, and team members. Documents patient assessment and progress appropriately. Coordinates team based care through effective partnerships with patients, their caregivers, and their providers. Communicates issues, variances and problems appropriately.
* 2. Facilitates patient/family navigation through the healthcare system for assigned patients. Communicates effectively with primary care providers, hospitals, specialists and post-acute care facilities to schedule appointments. May facilitate access to appropriate primary and specialty providers as well as other care coordination team support specialists (e.g. Diabetes Educators, Registered Dieticians). Follows-up to ensure patients follow through with their scheduled appointments.
* 3. Meet face-to-face with patient for immediate crisis intervention, behavioral health intervention or other social service related issues. Participates and monitors the appropriate tracking system for identified patients. Coaches patients/families toward successful self-management.
* 4. Serves as the point-of-contact, advocate, and informational resource for assigned patients, family, care team, payers and community resources. Proactively acts as patient advocate; responding with empathy and respect to resolve patient/family concerns.
* 5. Explores “best practice” by partnering with outside organizations and by reviewing data for patterns and trends; develops recommendations for improvements.
* 6. Participates in ACO, care coordination, discharge planning, and patient navigation meetings and training opportunities. Actively develops and maintains professional and clinical skills. Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services and other professional activities. Maintains awareness of policies and procedures and performance standards.
7. Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
*Essential Job Function
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support the Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics mission, vision and values; comply with District policies and procedures; and conduct themselves in an ethical, professional, respectful, and collaborative manner at all times.