The Director of Adult Services provides administrative oversight and supervision of Union Station’s Adult Services programs, including programs focused on outreach, coordinated entry, shelter, housing navigation, rapid re-housing, and permanent supportive housing. The Director of Adult Services supervises Program Managers, who oversee the provision of social and rehabilitative services for individuals receiving services in Union Station’s Adult Homeless and Housing Programs. The Director is responsible for providing oversight to ensure that homeless persons requesting services are connected with the agency and community resources that meet their shelter, housing, financial, social service, mental health and physical health needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, but are not limited to the following:
- Directly supervise the Program Managers who oversee programs related to individual adults, including: Outreach, CES, Shelter, Adult Permanent Supportive Housing, and Rapid Rehousing Programs.
- Collaborate on new and project proposals, including supporting the budgeting and grant writing process.
- Implement and manage new projects, including the establishment of program design, policies, and practices.
- In partnership with CPO and Program Managers, develop, track, and manage program budgets.
- Monitor program outcomes and prepare necessary reports as related to grant and agency needs. Make recommendations for strategies to ensure program outcomes are met.
- Work as part of an inter-agency and inter-disciplinary team throughout the region to provide services in a coordinated and effective manner.
- Monitor HMIS system for data integrity and maintain a high level of quality assurance related to chart documentation.
- Ensure preparation of all documentation required to establish the client’s eligibility for services and report outcomes.
- Oversee the review of case files to ensure compliance with program guidelines and take corrective action as required if files are not in compliance.
- Ensure USHS Adult Services programs and activities conform to all Union Station policies, codes and procedures.
- Recommend changes in operational policies and procedures to assure the safety of staff and clients and compliance with pertinent laws, regulations, and conditional use permits for Union Station Adult Service programs and facilities.
- Assess employee performance and prepare annual performance reviews of staff.
- Counsel staff and recommend disciplinary action or discharge if needed.
- Conduct staff training concerning homeless services service models, such as: Housing First, Harm Reduction, Trauma Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing, and Critical Time Intervention.
- Interview applicants for open staff positions and recommend hiring of selected applicants.
- Provide weekly supervision to Adult Services Program staff and facilitate weekly Team meeting.
- Help develop community resources in Pasadena to meet the needs of the homeless population.
- Attend Leadership Management meetings with other Program Managers/Directors.
- As applicable, provide weekly clinical supervision to MSW interns, and staff working toward clinical licensure.
- Perform other related duties as needed to assure effective operation of the Adult Services Programs.