Position Title: Program Assistant
Location: Family Focus Lawndale/Englewood
Reports To: Vice President of Centers
OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide a full range of administrative and meeting support. Independently administer several assigned responsibilities, including greeting and screening/assessment of families seeking services, determining program eligibility, identifying community resources, providing information and referral services to families seeking internal and external resources, and answering phones.
Other duties include, but are not limited to, purchasing of program materials, monitoring time sheets and staff time off, and program recordkeeping. This position requires the ability to work with under-resourced and low-income populations, exercise good judgment, and coordinate with a wide range of service organizations. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects
- Maintains workflow of employees by maintaining general office calendars; supporting VP’s communication with board; and maintaining office procedures
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and implementing changes with the support of VP.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Answer phones, greet participants seeking services, and perform initial participant screening to determine suitability and eligibility for agency services.
- Use appropriate technology tools to accomplish job functions such as communication, data gathering tools (MIS systems), surveys, photocopying, and word processing
- Completion of minutes for all-staff meetings, preparation and coordination of mailings, faxes, and express packages
- Compiled participant records/files to include required forms for program staff use
- Maintain and ensure staff compliance to internal participant filing system protocols
- Maintain volunteer and contractual worker contractual agreements and time sheets, submit check request for payments, and pay other bills for site
- Maintain filing system for agency’s collaborations agreements with outside providers and stakeholders in the target area
- Contribute and support VP with communication to Advisory Board members.
- Retrieve, distributes paychecks to contractual worker, vendors and employees and document personnel receipt of checks
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Responsible for general orderliness of office space and ensure the cleanliness of the office by scheduling and communication with janitorial support services
- AA Degree in Liberal Arts
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Good written and verbal skills
- Must be willing to take direction and open to other duties as assigned
- Can lift 25 pounds on an as-needed basis
- Can sit and work at a computer
- Stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, and reach on a daily basis
- Regular and on-time attendance at all times
- Positive verbal contact with others at all times
- Work in a positive and strength-based manner with others at all times
Qualified Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and references to:
Attn: Loretta Barriffe, VP of Centers
326 W. 64th Street
Chicago, IL 60021
Family Focus, Inc. values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.