Immediate opening for a College Persistence Advisor, UBS-SEO College Scholars to join SEO College Scholars team.
SEO College Scholars is seeking a College Persistence Advisor, UBS-SEO College Scholars to join our team. The College Persistence Advisor will support SEO's partnership with the UBS NextGen Leaders Program, which guides 121 college-bound Black and Latino males (divided between two CPAs) to and through college.
- Provide personal, academic and career support to case load of 61 students and any additional guidance and case management throughout college as needed
- Document student progress, proactively identifying issues that may arise and bring to attention of manager for reparative action
- Maintain and collect student data on an ongoing basis, making regular qualitative and quantitative assessments of individual and macro-level student progress
- Design surveys to determine academic, personal and career needs, to devise targeted and relevant programming to meet student needs
- Create, design, implement and evaluate trainings on a range of topics, track attendance, and measure program impact on student academic achievement and career-readiness
- Provide career advising for cohort of students and conduct mock interviews, provide cover letter feedback as needed
- Contribute to planning annual conferences for college students, as well as design and deliver a training during the conference
- Contribute to and write student and department reports (for internal and external audience)
- Provide regular updates and information about students to external corporate partners in a timely manner
Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to Kathryn Musumeci at firstname.lastname@example.org with "College Persistence Advisor, UBS-SEO College Scholars" in subject heading. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
SEO Scholars is a free eight-year academic program that gets low-income public high school students to and through college–with a 95% college graduation rate. In high school, we offer intensive year-round academic preparation via a carefully-calibrated, rigorously-assessed course of supplemental education. In college, we continue to support students through each of their four years, providing one-on-one academic, personal and career exploration support. For the 2016-2017 school year, SEO is serving 880 High School Scholars and over 610 College Scholars attending schools in 180 campuses across 25 States.
SEO Scholars is a College Board Innovation Award Winner (2011), has received independent evaluation from Policy Studies Associates confirming the program's effectiveness, and in 2013 won the "Effective Philanthropy in Urban Communities" grant from Columbia Business School, after competing with 137 non-profits in the Education sector. SEO has received media coverage on USA Today, New York Post, NBC News Education Nation, and ABC7, to name a few. Most recently, SEO received a 5-year grant from UBS (a global investment bank) to develop the UBS NextGenLeaders Program to serve 125 Black and Latino males in 12th grade from NY, CT and NJ and ensure they graduate from college. SEO's board is chaired by Henry R. Kravis, the co-founder and co-CEO of Kravis, Kohlberg & Roberts, a global private equity firm. Under Mr. Kravis' leadership, SEO will double the number of students we accept into the program from 125 9th graders to 250. Additional information on SEO Scholars can be found on our website: www.seoscholars.org.
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V