Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to preventing and ending homelessness in Chicago and will have the following:
- Master’s degree required in planning, public policy, public administration or equivalent.
- Minimum five years of research and report writing experience in the social policy field.
- High level of knowledge and competency in relational database management systems.
- Knowledge using ServicePoint (an HMIS system) is highly preferred.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL), Crystal Reports, Qlik Sense, Business Objects, or geographic information systems (GIS) is preferred.
- Good working knowledge/skills with Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
- Experience in the housing field required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional presence, and ability to interact with a diverse audience.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills; ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex research projects and produce reports and issue briefs that are factual, original, compelling and persuasive.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complex connections between policy issue areas, human rights, and political processes in shaping research that would lead to lasting change in ending homelessness.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours and to take on more responsibilities as assigned.
- A strong work ethic, integrity, and the highest ethical standards are expected.
- Ability to respond effectively and professionally to inquiries, complaints, or concerns, as presented by staff, consumers, service providers, and other stakeholders.
- Work place is a smoke- and drug-free environment.
- Intermittent travel to off-site locations required.
- Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use.
- This position requires attendance during regular business hours from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional night and weekend hours are required a few times a year.
- All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
Salary is $47,000-$52,000, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability. Employer-matched retirement plan. Generous paid leave.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary range requirement to email@example.com
- Please write your name (Last, First) in the re: line of your email.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Position begins as soon as possible. No phone calls, please.