Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to preventing and ending homelessness in Chicago and will have the following:
- Master’s degree in planning, policy or public administration preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in social services or other related fields.
- Experience in the housing field required.
- Demonstrated teaching or training experience required.
- Experience in adult education, popular education or other experiential learning approaches preferred.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and formulate summaries and recommendations relating to complex issues for a variety of formats and audiences.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, decision making, and strategic thinking capacities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to oversee multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to respond effectively and professionally to inquiries, complaints, or concerns, as presented by staff, consumers, service providers, and other stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Goal-oriented and results-driven.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional presence, and ability to engage with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Work place is a smoke- and drug-free environment.
- Intermittent travel to off-site locations required.
- Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use.
- This position requires attendance during regular business hours from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional night and weekend hours are required a few times a year.
- All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
Salary is $47,000-$52,000, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability. Employer-matched retirement plan. Generous paid leave.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary range requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please write your name (Last, First) in the re: line of your email.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Position begins as soon as possible. No phone calls, please.