Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center's Urology Clinic has a full time opening available for a Certified Medical Assistant. This position is eligible for our outstanding benefits package including health insurance, retirement plans, and more! Apply today and join an excellent team!
Coordinates the provision of outpatient clinic services in the Urology Clinic for the primary clinic physician by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Schedules patient appointments, considering the patient’s unique requirements.
2. Schedules patients for other related activities like imaging, lab and surgery
3. Provide product education to patients
4. Take pulse, BP, respirations and/or temp of patients
5. Draw up injectables per Dr’s protocol
6. Aide physician in procedures as needed
7. Is fluent in the use of all aspects of the clinic’s EMR system, NextGen
8. Maintain files of Urology Clinic in NextGen and/or by other means
9. Provides direct patient care and support during the clinics as necessary.
10. Ensures that necessary supplies and equipment are accessible at all times both in the exam rooms and in the Urology Clinic itself
11. Prepares, retrieves and maintains appropriate records and other documentation of clinic activities either in/through NextGen or by other means
12. Establishes communication and positive relationships with medical staff, clinic, and hospital departments.
13. Maintains a clean, safe and orderly environment for patient care.
14. Confers with the Physician Director of the Urology Clinic regarding changes and improvements in clinic services.
15. Employs tact and courtesy at all times, with patients, physicians, visitors and co-workers. Continually strives to establish and maintain good rapport and working relationships to foster positive intra and interdepartmental communications.
1. Maintain the daily calendar of the clinic’s Physician Director
2. Attends committee meetings as assigned.
3. Promotes the efficient use of all clinic resources.
4. Observes all safety rules.
5. Maintains verifications/education requirements as appropriate.