Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the Legal Project Management Office (LPMO) in our Miami, Atlanta, New York, Chicago or Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
This role will focus on the firm’s top Alternative Fee Arrangement (AFA) matters, working closely with attorney teams and clients to 1) develop comprehensive and realistic AFAs and corresponding detailed matter plans, 2) manage legal task execution, 3) track task, expense, and budget status, 4) communicate and assist in identifying and documenting execution risks and\or resolving execution issues, 5) report to the attorney team and firm management, and 6) produce client reports. The role will work closely with Revenue Management (RM) to develop and manage matter budgets and AFAs, including but not limited to tracking actuals to budget and estimating matter level or matter phase level Estimates to Complete (ETCs). The role will also work closely with the Legal Project Management Office (LPMO) to ensure the matter is planned and managed as efficiently and effectively as possible. The role will conduct post-matter analysis to identify lessons learned, best practices, identify potential training opportunities, and make changes to the matter work management and work flow, including developing and\or enhancing reusable tools and templates.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the RM department in developing AFAs with pricing and staffing scenarios that meet client needs and firm profit objectives.
- Monitor performance against established budgets, project plans and schedules.
- Apply sound project management and LPMO principles and processes to the planning, budgeting, execution, and progress reporting of matters.
- Participate in attorney, RM, LPMO, and potentially client matter planning meetings to collaboratively plan the matter approach and document matter scope.
- Collaborate with attorneys, paralegals and others (see above, as required) to identify work tasks, estimate time/duration, assign resources, prioritize legal tasks, and assign task dependencies to build a comprehensive project plan and schedule for the matter.
- Track and report progress against the task, schedule, matter expenses, and financial milestones for each matter.
- Schedule and facilitate regular status meetings with the attorney team, RM, LPMO, and client matter management personnel, as required.
- Identify, document and track matter execution issues and risks as identified by the attorney team.
- Develop matter execution mitigation plans for identified risks to reduce impact to matter delivery and collateral impact(s) to the matter.
- Establish proper billing procedures that meet\align to defined client billing guidelines.
- Proactively track and manage the matter budget with respect to time billed, timekeeper expenses, vendor expenses, write-downs, write-offs, etc.
- Create and distribute regular budget reports to the attorney team.
- Conduct lessons learned sessions at matter closure to document and share best practices and lessons learned, including developing and\or enhancing reusable tools and templates.
- Train, coach and mentor the attorney team in the use of financial and legal project management tools and templates, techniques, and best practices.
- Work with attorneys and Practice Group (PG) leaders to develop best practices in budgeting and project management related to specific types of engagements within PGs