Internet2, a non-profit organization, provides high-performance networking, trust and identity infrastructures, cloud services brokering, and related services to its research and education member institutions and beyond. Internet2 represents an exceptional partnership spanning U.S. and international institutions that are leaders in the worlds of research, academia, industry and government. The organization is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and seeks diverse candidates for all of its positions.
InCommon, the Internet2-community developed identity federation, provides the U.S. higher education and research community with the common framework for trustworthy access to online resources. InCommon facilitates the development of community-based common trust fabrics – SAML Federation, Certificate Services, and other services and activities – that enable participants to access protected online resources. For more information about InCommon visit www.incommon.org.
The Internet2 Trust and Identity division is seeking a Project Manager to support development, design and product delivery efforts of Trust and Identity services, such as InCommon Federation. The project manager represents a unique blend of collaboration skills, process analyst, team expediter, and change leadership that will play a key role in the establishment and evolution of the Trust and Identity programs at Internet2.
Areas of work include:
- Managing multiple internal and community-facing projects with multiple stakeholders that benefit the research and education community.
- Closely collaborating with the content expert leading each project to achieve project objectives and area commitments.
- Establishing scalable project structures, process and policies to enhance the delivery of services to the community.
- Coordinating with programs and areas across Internet2 to ensure established processes for communication and project management are aligned.
- Developing project reports for management and community advisory committees.
This staff position is full-time, ideally based in Ann Arbor Michigan, Denver Colorado, West Hartford Connecticut, Emeryville California, or Washington DC and reports to the Internet2 Associate Vice President for Trust and Identity. Other locations will be considered. Frequent domestic travel is expected.
- Identify, develop and collaborate on innovations to address gaps in or design new processes, communications, and teamwork and track resources over time.
- Participate as a critical part of the Trust and Identity team, providing the needed structure and process to helping the group make good decisions and achieve area objectives.
- Continuously improve the project management toolkits and methodologies used across the area/organization.
- Provide expertise, coaching and consulting to others on project management and in the softer skills of team dynamics, team building and group motivation.
- Develop reports, planning and budget materials as necessary and ensure processes are put in place to perform adequate reporting.
- Collaborate with team to enhance tools, techniques, and process for engaging the community to develop solutions, whitepapers, and other deliverables.
- Nurture contacts with contracted partners to ensure project goals are met.
- Participate in outside professional activities to maintain knowledge on developments in the field.