Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director for Budget and Financial Planning, and working closely with the Senior Director for Budget and Financial Planning, the AVP/Controller’s group, and other departmental staff, the Senior Financial Analyst serves as an integral member of the Budget team in the development, reporting and analysis of Berklee’s operating, capital and multi-year financial plans. The Senior Financial Analyst works regularly with large data sets and performs financial analysis to inform decision-making at departmental and strategic levels, providing analytic and customer service support to a broad array of constituents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Budgeting, Reporting & Analysis
- Contribute to the development of Berklee’s operating and capital budgets, as well as multi-year financial plans through systems set-up and maintenance, provision of end-user support, development of analytic, review and presentation materials, and line item budget development.
- Partner with Senior Director of Accounting’s Office, Institutional Advancement and departmental contacts to budget, monitor and reconcile restricted gift and endowment funding.
- Measure, analyze and communicate expected, forecasted and actual financial performance through the timely and accurate development, production and interpretation of budget to actual reports, annual and multi-year forecasts and ad hoc analysis.
- Develop and implement new techniques for financial analysis to meet departmental needs as required, leveraging Informer, Synoptix and other report-writing tools.
Customer Service & Communication
- Respond to inquiries from budget managers at all levels, partnering with them to assist in budget development, maintenance and analysis.
- Train the budget community on relevant systems and processes; serve as primary resource during annual budget preparation cycle, conducting group and individual training sessions.
- Maintain Budget/Finance web presence including contact, business process, policy, timeline and other relevant information.
Systems & Processes
- Liaise with Senior Director of Accounting’s Office to ensure and maintain structure, integrity, and security of budget and actual data within Colleague enterprise system and BudgetPak software, performing analysis and reconciliation required.
- Serve as primary administrator of BudgetPak software.
- Review budget transfer requests for reasonableness, accuracy and legitimacy; execute budget transfers within enterprise system, ensuring integrity of approved budget. Execute and track approved, out-of-cycle budget adjustments.
- Develop and maintain procedural documentation for all phases of assigned functions.