Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
Louisiana State University invites nominations and applications for a creative, energetic leader to serve as the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management. This position reports to the Executive Vice President and Provost, and serves as the Chief Enrollment Officer. The Associate Vice President provides leadership and strategic vision to achieve the mission of a large, researched-focused, public university.
Under the direction of the LSU President and of the Provost, the Associate Vice President will be actively involved in the implementation of a new organizational structure and direct the efforts of the recruiting, admissions, and communications functions through the use of new technology and data. This individual will provide vision, strategic leadership, planning and coordination for recruiting, retaining and placing highly qualified and inclusive undergraduate and graduate students. The AVP will continue to grow the flagship campus student enrollment, currently over 31,000 students (Fall 2016), and will lead the positioning of the University in the student marketplace. The incumbent will also consult with campus executives regarding enrollment strategies and policy.
- Must possess appropriate academic credentials.
- At least eight years of significant administrative at a four-year accredited university.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing recruiting plans and a full understanding of the information technology needed to manage and expand admissions and recruiting.
- Significant and progressively responsible experience in higher education enrollment planning, demonstrated success in enrolling a high achieving and diverse student body, and knowledge of information technologies for recruitment and enrollment.
- Experience and a commitment to student-centered, data-driven decision making and the ability to draw on collaborative relationships with and contributions of faculty, staff, senior leadership, alumni and the community in building a successful base for university enrollment.
About LSU: LSU is the State’s flagship research university and carries the designation of “very high research activity” by the Carnegie Foundation. It is one of 21 universities nationwide holding land, sea, and space-grant status. LSU enjoys a lively and diverse community of nearly 35,000 faculty, staff, and students from every state and more than 120 countries. LSU is proud to be among the nation’s best values in higher education and scored high on every value-based metric among peer Flagship and SEC universities on the new College Scorecard, highlighting university details such as average annual cost, graduation rate and salary after attending.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applications and nominations may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications. An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
LSU IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER