Education: Bachelor's degree in life sciences,finance, business, or a related discipline.
Preferred Education: Master's degree, MBA, or PhD in lifesciences preferred.
Experience: Three (3) years of progressivelyresponsible business experience in biotech, pharmaceutical and/or medicalenvironment with financial modeling experience; working knowledge of businessdevelopment and capital related issues encountered by start-ups in high techenvironments.
Other: May require financial disclosure.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possessesa knowledge of position requirements and able to perform position in compliancewith all requirements/regulations/laws. Basic knowledge of intellectualproperty, technology transfer and academic conflict of interest issues.Knowledge of the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) funding process.
- Strongfinancial analysis and valuation skills; ability to interpret financialstatements. Demonstrated project/financial management and valuation skills.Ability to make persuasive proposals to third parties. Ability to prioritizeongoing and new projects as well as conduct research and gather information.
- Abilityto maintain high standards with the work being performed and maintain awarenesswith trends and influences. Assumes personal responsibility for all outcomes;makes effective and timely decisions; and learns how to effectively usetechnology. Maintains productivity and uses knowledge strategies to increaseknowledge base. Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability tosolve problems and make decisions.
- Abilityto effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Writesand presents information in a clear and concise way. Interprets and understandswritten information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbalcues that lead to a deeper understanding.
- Abilityto work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical,respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Capable ofinteracting pleasantly and positively with other to meet customer expectations,and provide follow up with customers.
Hiring Range:Commensurate with education and experience.
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & CareerServices at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. MarylandRelay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veteransand individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.