| Founded in 1942, the Department of Nutrition has a long and respected history both nationally and internationally. As a component within the Harvard medical community, the department engages in a wide range of collaborative projects with scientists in other departments and institutions. As one of Harvard University's ten graduate schools, the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health emphasizes not only the development and implementation of disease prevention and treatment programs, but also the planning and management of systems involved in the delivery of health services in this country and abroad.|
Reporting directly to the Chairman of the Department of Nutrition, the Program Coordinator, with minimal supervision, performs a wide range of tasks related to the Chair's research and administrative needs. In addition, the Program Coordinator will work to launch, implement, and support the hybrid MPH in Nutrition Program. The incumbent will work in an environment with multiple and conflicting priorities; anticipates and resolves problems and updates the Chair on status of projects.
Duties include but are limited to the following:
- In conjunction with the chair, coordinate, launch, and administer the MPH in Nutrition Program.
- Conduct research of MPH programs and course materials as well as provide curriculum support to the Chair and faculty as the program is created.
- Once the program is established, the Coordinator to the Chair will serve as coordinator of the program.
- Analysis of curriculum content.
- Draft and edit content for applications and renewals as well as non-competing NIH grant progress reports related to research grants.
- Independently analyze data and information as it related to Nutrition research.
- Independently drafts IRB documents.
- Working on special projects as needed. Examples include but are not limited to: literature reviews, drafting of scientific content for presentations, and/or providing research text for publications.
- Managing complex calendars, arranging meetings, and symposia, along with appointments and travel for the chair.
- Serving as the principal administrative contact and liaison with all University constituents and external contacts. This could include but is not limited to government, media, or private agencies.
- Monitoring and updating curriculum vitae, and biosketch materials.
Please Note: This position has a term appointment of 2 years from date of hire, with the strong possibility of extension.
Please Note: Finalists for the role may be asked to provide a writing sample.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard Chan School to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 055
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers